Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): traction control/abs lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default traction control/abs lights

well I tried to post this in repair help but the site would not let me? anyway I have posted on this before with my '03 having abs/traction control issues with the lights coming on, a grinding/humming sound from brakes then the car would ding,ding and the lights would come on the dash and it would stop til I turned the car off! changed the front wheel hubs,tinkered with the speed sensors to no avail!! alas! I ordered new front cv half shafts and dorman solid front sway bar and mevotech poly end links. finally got to replace them last weekend and Eureka!! no more lights,hums etc! weird thing is the cv's I replaced looked ok? I tell ya though replacing the front sway bar was a bitch!! but Man O Man my car rides and handles oh so much better now!! so now I have new struts,(Monroe sense-tracs) all around,new front and rear sway bars,new front poly end links,new rear poly end links and front poly dogbone bushings! this car rides SWEET now!! and it didn't cost very much!! I tell ya the front solid sway bar and poly end links makes a world of difference in these cars I highly recommend it!! I did notice that my tie rod ends were questionable tho so that's next weekend!!

Old 09-12-2015, 06:03 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I moved your post to repair help. I think maybe you were trying to put it in the FWD tech guide sub section and that is why you could not post. A thread in those areas has to be placed there by admin.
I am glad all that work paid off. I am going to have to do all that work too sometime soon. I am glad it didn't cost very much and that it made a big difference on how it rides.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

yea those are a pain to do...takes a good jack and stands and alot of finese....oh and patience lol i got mines from 1aauto.com tho

Old 09-17-2015, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by P343
I moved your post to repair help. I think maybe you were trying to put it in the FWD tech guide sub section and that is why you could not post. A thread in those areas has to be placed there by admin.
I am glad all that work paid off. I am going to have to do all that work too sometime soon. I am glad it didn't cost very much and that it made a big difference on how it rides.
Thank you P343, I think your right about me trying to post in the tech guide section!! lol thanks for movin it, It is possible that alchohol was involved that night!!