Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Is there a leveling kit for our Monte's???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Is there a leveling kit for our Monte's???

Hey guys, Adriano here.. I was wondering if they make a LEVELING KIT for the Monte? (For those of us who have 20 inch or larger rims & tires).

I have 20 inch Dolce's on my Monte and I do not like the way the front end tilts toward the pavement. I believe it will also help with some of the
minor rubbing I get at a full lock turn.

Anyone else dislike the stance on your Monte with large rims?

Thanks everyone and provide feedback and/or a link to level my Monte out.

~Adriano

Old 04-21-2014, 12:42 PM

are you on stock suspension? if so, how much room do you have from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender on all 4 tires?

any "leveling" suspension you get will be a lowering kit that will drop the car ~1.5" or more when settled and broken in. if you have rubbing now in the front it will only get worse.

you have two options if lowering is not an option....

get a coil spring helper from the parts store and place it in the front springs to see if that brings it up enough to level out to your liking.

or...

add some weight to the trunk to lower the back to match the front.

neither of these are good options but they are the only ones that i know of.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Vikesfan ideas will work but I wouldn't recommend doing them either.

Best option is an air suspension setup but they are very expensive and labor intensive to install as there is no kits made for the monte.

Airbagit.com makes a "kit" for the monte but I suggest not buying there stuff as its garbage from all I have seen

Old 04-22-2014, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default ..sitting on stock suspension

Yea guys I am sitting on stock suspension currently..

What about strut spacers or bushings?

Old 04-22-2014, 02:29 PM

you dont have a lot of room to space out the top of the strut, maybe 1/4" to 1/2" MAX.

it would not be a wise idea to do this and i would go with the coil spring spacer before i did a strut spacer.

if you dont have a sub box in the trunk, the extra weight would push down the rear and maybe lift the front a tiny tiny bit (not likely though), but it would "level out" the stance.

you could also "lighten" the front end....

relocate battery to trunk
remove heat pad from hood lid
relocate windshield washer bottle to trunk
get cheap ebay intake arm and filter (still lighter than stock airbox)

If you have old suspension or a lot of miles, you may want to replace the worn suspension, make sure to get all new bushings and mounts. that rubber does break down and compress' over time.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:30 PM

or get lower profile tires and/or thinner width tires so you dont rub

Old 04-23-2014, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by vikesfan
you dont have a lot of room to space out the top of the strut, maybe 1/4" to 1/2" MAX.

it would not be a wise idea to do this and i would go with the coil spring spacer before i did a strut spacer.

if you dont have a sub box in the trunk, the extra weight would push down the rear and maybe lift the front a tiny tiny bit (not likely though), but it would "level out" the stance.

you could also "lighten" the front end....

relocate battery to trunk
remove heat pad from hood lid
relocate windshield washer bottle to trunk
get cheap ebay intake arm and filter (still lighter than stock airbox)

If you have old suspension or a lot of miles, you may want to replace the worn suspension, make sure to get all new bushings and mounts. that rubber does break down and compress' over time.
Thanks man. I think I may look into your red-highlighted quotes.

What do you think of this company.. check it:

Univeral car lifts outta MN..

Donk Suspension Lift Kits for Caprice, Impala, Delta 88, Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Regal, Crown Victoria, Marquis, Towncar, Vic, Donks, and more

Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 PM

i am in MN and there are a few of those donk cars around, however, your style is what ever you want it to be, so dont be mad if i point and laugh if you donk your car.

not only does it look absolutely stupid, it is HIGHLY unsafe. plus, you will be damn near close to $1k when its all said an done.

but hey, if you like it, what does it matter what i think. just be safe if you do it, it will NOT handle like anything your have ever driven before.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by vikesfan
i am in MN and there are a few of those donk cars around, however, your style is what ever you want it to be, so dont be mad if i point and laugh if you donk your car.

not only does it look absolutely stupid, it is HIGHLY unsafe. plus, you will be damn near close to $1k when its all said an done.

but hey, if you like it, what does it matter what i think. just be safe if you do it, it will NOT handle like anything your have ever driven before.
Haha.. donk says it all.. one letter away from DORK... lmao. Naw bud not for me. But I do agree with you with them being some crazy looking lifts for passenger cars. Was just wondering if they make a leveling type kit, since this company lifts 2" min.. like a custom made leveling kit, but not over doing it? I wonder if can be done . I run 20's on my car and thats a max for me. Them donk style cars seem to be running on 22" min wheels on up. wayyy to much wheel for a passenger car

Old 04-24-2014, 09:56 AM

those kits move the geometry of your car to some unsafe area's that cause unneeded stress on parts and causing an unsafe ride.

plus, if you were to do this and keep the 20's you would have a huge huge huge wheel to fender gap

based off of what i have seen on some of the cars locally that run these, they dont do a really good job of making sure things are level and equal on all 4 corners.

so basically, i do not think you could make the "donk kit" work for you and/or make it look good/right.

Quick Reply: Is there a leveling kit for our Monte's???