Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Sunroof and Seat Belt Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Default Sunroof and Seat Belt Replacement

Ok, so I dont know if its my area or if its a worldwide issue lol But it seems to me that NO ONE wants to do sunroof work and even my own uncle and step dad said no. So Im going to have to figure this out myself. Ive called every junk yard and parts stores in a 50 mile radius and I cant seem to find the glass to go in my sunroof. The only luck I did have was a local body shop and the owner said he may or may not do it and if he does itll cost me near 2K. So, Ive done hours of online searching and found the assembly and glass I need (a lot less that 2K might I add), but cant seem to find anything about how to install one. Since you guys are more familiar than I am could someone point me in the right direction? Maybe you know national dealers that I could order everything in one shipment instead of the 2 separate ones I found. And one more thing, the person who owned the car before me evidently left her dog in the car and it chewed through the seat belt and they duct taped it. So, where would be a good place to find a seat belt that will fit it and would I need the complete assembly since its just the strap thats damaged?

Old 02-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Here are a couple of links to help you out, not sure if it is all the information you are requiring but may get you going

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo...sunroof-19188/ <<<CLICK ON THIS

those two should help you get started anyways.

As far as the seat belt goes, the easiest and cheapest way is to get one from a wreckers, I am not certain but I do believe one out of a grand prix will also work, but please check on that prior to getting and installing as I don't want to see you waste any time and money on something that won't work, but I would get one only from a two door, as I personally don't know if the 4 door seat belts would be a different length, there are other members that may know.

Best of luck

Old 02-23-2015, 07:58 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

as far as buying parts, Ebay is generally a great place to start as I have found that eventually what ever you are looking for will come along at the price you want, if you have time to wait for it.

There are other places that have parts also like

RockAuto Parts Catalog

this site will more than likely have what you are looking for as well

Old 02-23-2015, 08:13 PM

That video actually helps a ton! Thanks for the info on the seat belts too! I havent checked Rock Auto and will now. Thanks again

Old 02-23-2015, 08:20 PM

No one wants to do sunroofs cus there extremly difficult. i did one on a mazda rx3 and it was a nightmare. i hope i never have to do one ever again lol.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:24 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Rayven
That video actually helps a ton! Thanks for the info on the seat belts too! I havent checked Rock Auto and will now. Thanks again
Glad I could help you out