Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Sunroof Problem

Old 06-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Default Sunroof Problem

Hi guys, I hope someone out there can help me. My sunroof on my 2004 Monte SS recently started getting stuck when sliding open and sliding closed. My mechanic and glass shop said the switch needed to be replaced. I replaced it with a used one and still have the same problem. I have lubed the tracks, but it didn't do any good. Can someone lead me in the right direction onwhat I should check next to solve the problem? Thanks for your help!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Default RE: Sunroof Problem

Hey Fireman. Are you actually a fire fighter or is that just a screen name? lol. I'm a fire fighter so that's why I asked. What you need to do is reprogram your DIC. When the forum clears the virus it has I will comment in detail.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:32 PM

Yes, I'm actually a volunteer fire fighter. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 AM

It's probably the track. It's a pretty common problem. Apparently they are made of plastic. There's a link here on the forum to a replacement kit but I can't find the post. I have the same problem and the link was posted to help me and now I can't find it. I don't remember who posted it but hopefully he will see your question and post it again. Is it the left side?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:20 PM

I don't know what side it's getting stuck on. I press the button and it slides a little then stops and I have to keep pressing the button until it's fully open or fully closed. I will have to re-check the tracks. Thanks for your help!

Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 PM

Fireman,
I doubt its your track. You need to reprogram the DIC. To do this you turn your key to "on" without starting it and run the sunroof back and forth about 10 times. This should do it. 04Intimidator had to do this. Check with him by searching members and messaging him.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:25 PM

I will give it a try. Thanks again!

Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM

Do you have any sweet undercover lighting on your car? LOL. On my other car I had a low profile 22" LED lightbar with a 6" red/white LED dash light and a carson remote siren...it was a sweet set up. lol. I'm not currently serving on a department because I have a 10 month old with one on the way....lol.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:48 PM

I only have one blue light mounted behind my rear view mirror that is bright. I keep saying I'm going to get more lights, but I haven't yet. Technically we are not suppossed to have more than one blue light, but some people have a few in their cars. I do not have a siren. We are not allowed to have them installed in our personal vehicles, but it would be nice since people don't move out of the way, lol.I tried what you told me and it is working better than what it was. It will slide back fully without stopping and then when I try it later on it may slide half way and then stop and I have to push the button again. It slides closed fine without a problem, it's just when it slides open I have the problem. If I had a 10 month old and one on the way, I wouldn't be active either. Family comes first, fire deparment second. They are more important. Good luck!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: rysZ34

Fireman,
I doubt its your track. You need to reprogram the DIC. To do this you turn your key to "on" without starting it and run the sunroof back and forth about 10 times. This should do it. 04Intimidator had to do this. Check with him by searching members and messaging him.
Yes I did and that is what works. Every so often the problem will creep back in, but that might have something with me disconnecting the battery all the time to do some new mod.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunroof Problem