Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: Sun roof issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Default Sun roof issues

My 03 monte sunroof is leaking i been looking and reading forum after forum i know what to look for as the drain holes the problem is when i looked an probed i could not find any drain holes on top so i did more reserch and found out there are 2 diffrent styles of sun roofs i have the slide up version both styles are said to have these drain holes and hoses when i checked the places the cld be there were no hoses so i pulled the head liner there were no hoses or drain tubes to be found anywhere front or rear nothing looks broken or worn to bad seals are all serviceable. My ? Is are the drain tubes and what not seperate from the sun roof and or built in to the roof and was the sunroof/moon roof a standard option like the impala was during this time frame.

Old 07-13-2017, 01:13 PM

If I recall correctly, The drain holes are by the front of the sun roof. from my recollection if you open the door there should be a small black rubber hose coming out of the car near the hinges. If you have a compressor you can shoot some air into that, and if the sun roof is open you should hear air hissing out.