Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Starting issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 03:50 PM
Default Starting issue.

I have a starting issue that is getting worse...

sometimes when I try to start my SS the starter clicks and everything loses power, if I hold the key in start the system will reset and I hear the starter click again. I replaced the battery about a year and a half ago, and had the starter replaced when the transmission was rebuilt a year ago. Battery is a superstart brand...

Sometime the compass will reset, and sometimes my cd player will lose some settings (auto volume, etc...) when this happens. It used to fix itself (lol) when I would pop the hood, but today it took me 15 minutes of tapping relays and the starter before it started at lunch.

After examining the diagram in my manual I figure it's either the current sensor, the starter relay, or... God forbid, a control module or wiring issue. The car does have over 300k miles on it, so... I should mention, I get a message about my auto headlights every so often, and my traction control has been acting up during low speed turns lately... ive previously made the TCS issue I have go away by cleaning up the connectors and using dielectric grease, after replacing the hubs... so that might not be related at all.

I already planned to have it off the road soon to replace the oil sump o-ring, and have another vehicle... but I wanted to get some feedback from the knowledgeable minds here.

Thanks.