Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): SS Side Skirt Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 07:33 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default SS Side Skirt Removal

Can anyone give me some advice on how to remove the side skirt moldings from an SS monte? I think I see how they are supposed to come off, but I really am trying to keep them intact to fix some rust issues and then put them back on the car. From what I can tell, there are some clips in the bottom of the skirts (mine aren't really held in by the clips due to rust, so they are already out). There are also three clips that are attached to the rear side of the side skirt itself, and then maybe five more that are attached to the car and slot into the skirt. It also appears that the side skirt can be lifted up and out of the clip holes, but unless the whole door is removed, I am not sure how this is possible. I have tried using a pry tool but they seem to be pretty snug in there and I am afraid of cracking or snapping the side skirt altogether. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-19-2022, 05:10 AM

Wow, can't believe no one has replied yet! I'm assuming you are talking about the plastic rocker covers below the doors? There are like 8 clips that are on the face side, and like six or so on the bottom going up into probably nothing, as you stated, where they're prone to rust. The bottom ones should slide - probably more for installing than removing. There are also a couple screws at the ends as well. The cover seems pretty durable and flexible, and the clips are hard, if anything breaks, it will be the clips. Not to worry, you can get more on ebay. The side clips snap down into the covers and it's not likely that area would break before the clip came out, but don't go at it with a jack handle either!