Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Sound of water splashing around in drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Sound of water splashing around in drivers side

Hi everyone. I am hoping someone can help me with a water issue I have in my car. It rained pretty heavy today, and I had left my car outside all day today during work. As I got in to go home, I noticed splashing sounds of water coming from the drivers side. I can't really locate if its coming from the rear quarter panel area or my door. The floors arent wet and neither is my roof, but I do notice that whenever I open or close my drivers side window the interior panel shifts back a tad bit. Could the water be coming in through the window frame? Will this cause rust immediately if I don't solve this problem? The weather stripping seems okay. The only part where there is a slight tear (about 1/2 inch is at the top right corner of the window frame. Any help or advice would be gladly appreciated.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

There's a drain in your door, it's possibly clogged. Check it out.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:47 PM

X2 that happens all the time in monte carlo's. I actually drilled mine bigger and then used the larger hole to spray rust proofing as well.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

Hey guys, Thanks for the feedback. I did infact check under the door (just above the rubber moulding of the edge of the door) but did not find any drain plugs. Would it be recommended if I were to drill a hole at the bottom middle, drain the water and use a plastic plug to plug it? When I rustproofed my car they drilled a hole on the side of the door panel, will removing this plug drain it out? I'm also noticing that there is a rust build up at the bottom lip of both doors. Is this caused by the water? Man, rust sucks...

Old 05-23-2011, 06:21 AM

15 Year Member

It's behind the rubber molding on each end of the door.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member

Hey Chibi, I'm sorry for the late reply. I was busy all weekend. I cleaned the car inside/out on saturday and greased the lips of both door panels and to my surprise both drain holes were plugged up with old black grease (this is why I did not notice them) so I did my best to clean them out with a q-tip and the water just came pouring out of both doors. I don't know how long that water has been sitting there for but I hope that this isnt whats causing my doors to rust from underneath. Thanks again guys for your continued support and help.

Regards,

George

Old 05-24-2011, 06:01 AM

15 Year Member

Glad we could help!

I also had that black gunk covering the hole closer to the firewall. It gets pretty nasty, just keep an eye on it every now and then.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:10 AM

Hey guys I'm having a similar problem except my water build up is on the driver side floorboard, we had a good solid week of rain and now for the past two days my floor has been soggy. I noticed my weather stripping is coming off on the roof could this be the problem?
2005 Monte Ls

Old 06-17-2012, 02:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This could be your problem. LINK https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...lem-fix-26663/

Also it may be a leaking heater core. Also welcome to the site.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:14 PM

Thanks a lot! Ill check it out tomorrow morning

Quick Reply: Sound of water splashing around in drivers side