Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

SLP Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007 | 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Default RE: SLP Headers

ORIGINAL: 2000_BLACK_SS

how did the front header go on, any problems with that side?

i bet it will sound great with those on there. Also the new down pipe looks like it will have much better flow than the slp one that was there before.
I had to call it a night at 11 PM, but I have the downpipe and the rear header on. I'm working my way forward and found I'm missing some alternator bolts. I'm going to start first thing tomorrow and hopefully finish the job. I also received a call from Rob @ 3800performance.com and we discussed a few mods I plan on doing so that just sealed the deal for the night. I need to put an order through with him in the morning.

Old 05-04-2007 | 02:37 AM
5 Year Member

Mickey - that's really messed up with the headlight. I think the car became cursed on the shipping back to the US. Too bad they didn't mess up the hood so you could upgrade to the hoodscoop.

Hope you get the car back soon!

Old 05-04-2007 | 09:44 PM
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

Mickey - that's really messed up with the headlight. I think the car became cursed on the shipping back to the US. Too bad they didn't mess up the hood so you could upgrade to the hoodscoop.

Hope you get the car back soon!
Ok man that is just scary!!

I have had 6 pepole now tell me the same thing about my car beign Cursed.
LOL

i have actually started a thread with the photos i have of it right now and including the screw up from them to.
They are getting the lights shortly So they will be on it soon also.

Old 05-05-2007 | 03:54 AM
5 Year Member

Well, just finished the header install. Let it idle for 10 min just to burn the oils off and looking good. Took it on the highway with my scanner and maxed out at 4.23 KR. So doing much better than the 7-8 I was seeing before adding the Rockers and Headers.

In 2 weeks I'll finally be getting around to getting Polyurithane mounts and getting it tuned. Hopefully I can drop a pulley then. We'll see.

Pics will be up tomorrow, its 1 AM here and not the best lighting.

Old 05-05-2007 | 09:14 PM
5 Year Member

Here should be the final pic. It is of the engine bay (obviously) and the front header. I like them in there now.

Old 05-06-2007 | 12:39 PM
15 Year Member

your not lying when you say they are tight in there.
Ouch!!
also watch your spark plug wires in tehre so they dont burn on them looks liek the one in the photo migh tbe on the top tube on the right

Old 05-07-2007 | 01:32 AM
5 Year Member

It's just the pick, there is still a decent amount of room there... about 1.5 inches.

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:13 AM
15 Year Member

man i hope so lol
but in that photo they look real tight!!

Old 05-14-2007 | 10:08 AM

looks good i have been looking into putting a set of them on my car did they increase your low end and or did you los eit lemme know

Old 05-15-2007 | 04:29 PM
5 Year Member

The lowend and top end increased. Less KR so I got bumped on both, and the SLP cat converter is more restrictive than my Random Tech so it is quieter as well. I'm looking to swapping it out for a race pipe instead soon.

I would really recommend avoiding the SLP's though do to all the extra work that needs to be done. If I could do it again, I would get TOGs hands down.

Quick Reply: SLP Headers