Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

shudders when taking off

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Default shudders when taking off

when I take off either rolling or stopped if i step on the gas too hard not even to the floor though, it will like shudder kind of. at first i thought it was the traction control, but it took it off and tried it again and it still does it. its a 2002 with 3.4L and 40k miles.
Is it the tranny, or maybe the fuel injectors or spark plugs maybe.
please help me!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Default RE: shudders when taking off

Hey there Holt, welcome to the forum....

Sounds like it could be a number of things. The first that comes to mind would be your CAT..... Have it checked out; these things have been notorious for blockage issues. If it is, it should be under warranty.

Secondly, I would regularly run a product called "Sea Foam" through your fuel system. Should be able to find it at any Twilight Zone (Auto Zone)..... This will clean up your fuel injectors. I had a rough idle issue with my 2003 at 10K which ended up being the fuel injectors and have not have a problem since running Sea Foam...

TVW

Old 03-16-2005, 01:15 PM

what is the CAT? I am going to have the fuel filter replaced and I think I will put some sea foam in it.
with the sea foam, got some quick "how to" on using that?

Old 03-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Your CAT is your Catalytic Converter......

Sea Foam is simple, on your next fill up dump the entire container into the fuel tank.

Let us know how things go for ya....

TVW

Old 03-16-2005, 02:36 PM

Ahh none of those in the tank add int work. Take it to the dealer they have this injector cleaner that is in a canister. Kinda like a NOS bottle, well they unhook the fuel pump and hook the canister into the under the hood fuel line and run the car untill the canister is empty. That is the only thing that I have ever seen make a difference. Plus with your car being so new they should do it under warranty.

Old 03-16-2005, 04:58 PM

so you think its the Catalytic Converter? i guess i would have never thought of that, thanks for the tip though. i'll have to take it in and see.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:09 PM

so if I take it in the warranty should cover it? and would that affect the o2 sensor

Old 03-16-2005, 07:37 PM

If it is your cat it will be covered.......

Why would you ask about your O2 sensor????? lol

TVW

Old 03-17-2005, 12:58 AM

SOunds like you really got your answers here from these great guys but i think if your car is under warranty still you should go a head and take it into the dealer andlet them play with it.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:05 AM

The honest truth here is to throw that front wheel monte knock off (sorry TVW) over the biggest hill you can find. Then buy yourself a 4th gen with a v8 something that mabey alot more people can help you with.

Quick Reply: shudders when taking off