Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Service Traction Control - ABS Disabled *Odd situation*

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Service Traction Control - ABS Disabled *Odd situation*

About a month ago while driving, the Service Traction Control dash light came on for the first time in my 02 SS, and afterwards it would come on occasionally. Over the following weeks the frequency increased however to the point it was going off every drive.

So I started reading the forums and trying to figure out what it could be, I checked and refastened the front ground under the air box, I replaced both front harnesses, then the front hubs one at a time, and it's still there.

Here's the "odd" part. Its my stereo that's doing it. Took me until yesterday to make the connection, but it's the vibration. It does 145db or so at various low frequencies, and evidently there is -something- that is not tolerating it.

To test my theory I drove around with no subs on, and no light came on. Turn car on, put in drive but keep my foot on brake, and the exact second I turn on some bass, the Service Traction Control light comes on.

So now I know to a point what is causing it. Does anybody have any ideas on where exactly I might have something loose?

The only ground I know of is the one under the airbox. Could the bass really be strong enough to disrupt the rear hubs? I'm at a loss here, the only thing I can really think of is to replace them.

Thanks in advance!

edit: also It's not voltage drop related. I have a very strong electrical system and it checks out fine

Last edited by Facekicker; 09-25-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would check the wiring to the rear hubs. Couldn't hurt to rule them out.