Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Security

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008 | 10:02 PM
Default RE: Security

I honestly don't remember how much the dealer charged for the BCM. I had an extended warranty with a $100 deductible. That was three years ago that the issue happened also. I'm guessing it was between $500-$600 total. I was thankful for the warranty at that point. Hope that isn't your problem though.

-Riggs.

Old 10-08-2008 | 10:21 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: rysZ34

A code reader from Auto Zone will not read a code stored by the BCM. You have to have Tech II to read it.
Gotchya. No codes on my code reader. Haven't had it checked with a Tech II.
I had checked it with mine because even though there was no CEL because when hubby's truck was acting up he had no CEL either but my reader showed that damned expensive fuel injector pump - and that's what it was.
Thanks for the info, learn something everyday - or try to anyway.

Old 10-08-2008 | 10:30 PM
|
Just call me Dubs

So Low....is this the same mechanic that hacked up your springs the fit your rims? I don't blame you for not wanting to go to him. The passlock sensor is very easy to replace...Becky...I still haven't taken pictures from my Malibu. HAHA. Take the stereo out, dash trim pieces, then there are two or three small screws that hold the ign cylinder in, then turn your key to the "on" position and then on the bottom of the huge unit, there is a button, get a knife and push that button in and pull the cylinder and sensor out. Then seperate the sensor from the ign cylinder the same way. This is the quick version, if you want, you can buy a Chilton or Haynes manual and it will be in more detail. HOWEVER, if they say anything about tearing the dash out, you don't need to. You can access the system through the radio placement.
First off my question was about my security issue and nothing else so if you call yourself trying to be funny I don't see the humor in your joke.No it's not the same person and my springs aren't hacked they weren't even cut for your info.Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to there car just like your entitled to do whatever you want to your lumina hahaha.In regards to your tip thanks for the help i'll give it a try.

Old 10-11-2008 | 06:22 PM

I wasn't being funny. I was being serious. I answered your security question. You're right, people are entitled to what they want to their car. I don't give a damn if you put semi rims on there....it's your car. I was mistaken, there was another member who had his springs cut to fit rims, and he was upset. Mistakes happen. I didn't insult you, don't insult me. So whatever *******. You can have your 22's that look retarded on that car and I'll take my 2 door lumina...because that's what was in my price range....whatever. I work to damn hard to support my family to have you insult me. So with that being said. **** you. Mods...I'm done. I'm not going to put up with this bull**** from jackass members who aren't worth their weight in horse****.

Old 10-11-2008 | 11:10 PM
|
Just call me Dubs

I wasn't being funny. I was being serious. I answered your security question. You're right, people are entitled to what they want to their car. I don't give a damn if you put semi rims on there....it's your car. I was mistaken, there was another member who had his springs cut to fit rims, and he was upset. Mistakes happen. I didn't insult you, don't insult me. So whatever *******. You can have your 22's that look retarded on that car and I'll take my 2 door lumina...because that's what was in my price range....whatever. I work to damn hard to support my family to have you insult me. So with that being said. **** you. Mods...I'm done. I'm not going to put up with this bull**** from jackass members who aren't worth their weight in horse****.
Oh i'm sorry did you take it to heart do you want me to go to the store and get you another box of tampons you *****.Look here you little soft *** bitch it's hater like you that give me the motivation to do what I do cause I know u wanna be me.If you can't handle it don't dish it out you can afford what you can afford not my fault you bought an MC that looks just like the luminas.You called yourself trying to come at me all hard and expect me to say nothing at all you ****in wit the wrong one.I put money on it if I seen you face to face you wouldn't be talking all hard you freeze up like a little bitch that you are.And i don't care what you gotta do to support your family don't even know why you brought that up but my money is like train smoke i'll run circles around you I make gwap.So if you ever in the CHI come see and i'll make sure you know who I am cause i'll be the black guy beatin that *** you fake *** internet thug.So if you got anything else to say then say it cause it's just words coming from a bitch you'll never act on it so I ain't tweakin off you.But as I said before there's an open invation for that beat down if you want it come to the CHI.

Old 10-12-2008 | 08:57 AM

What I find funny is there was an ad at the bottom of the page for a bypass module.

javascript:_ADS_ClickDestinationUrl('http://www.nextag.com/goto.jsp?p=25056&search=gm+passlock+bypass&amp ;syndctx=AQAbWPS0InckkD082sEHVh-qAwHs9zZpIpk3PtuGEQoAsQ~~&url=%2FMegatronix-PASSLOCK-SL2-GM-625323501%2Fprices-html&t=ag%3D');

I have a bypass module from DEI and you can get one from Best Buy. They cost about 50 bucks and you will have no more worries about Passlock. Another bonus is that if you are going to get an alarm system you have that part taken care of.

Old 10-12-2008 | 10:08 AM
|
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

What I find funny is there was an ad at the bottom of the page for a bypass module.

javascript:_ADS_ClickDestinationUrl('http://www.nextag.com/goto.jsp?p=25056&search=gm+passlock+bypass&amp ;syndctx=AQAbWPS0InckkD082sEHVh-qAwHs9zZpIpk3PtuGEQoAsQ~~&url=%2FMegatronix-PASSLOCK-SL2-GM-625323501%2Fprices-html&t=ag%3D');

I have a bypass module from DEI and you can get one from Best Buy. They cost about 50 bucks and you will have no more worries about Passlock. Another bonus is that if you are going to get an alarm system you have that part taken care of.
Do I have to have it professionally installed or is it something I can do myself

Old 10-13-2008 | 01:47 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

WTF!!!
I was away yesterday, enjoying a weekend off with weather in the upper 70's/low 80's. The last warm weekend we're probably going to have till spring. So I gave the Monte a good wash and wax job, cruised around and saw a lot of other people enjoying their summer-only classics for one last time before storing them away for the winter.

Then I come on here and see this thread. SolowSS and rysZ34. There's no need for insults and swearing at each other. I know how this started, so don't argue with me. I've removed the posts from public view, but the moderators and admin can still see the thread in it's original form.

SolowSS... Ryan was not laughing at you or making fun of you. He was offering you legitimate help, but also asked a valid question at the beginning. He threw in a comment that was clearly aimed at Becky. Here's Ryan's post broken down, with some comments of my own inserted. My comments are in brackets, and bold type.

So Low....is this the same mechanic that hacked up your springs the fit your rims? I don't blame you for not wanting to go to him. [ Legitimate question. He was actually offering some sentiment understanding why you wouldn't want to go to a certain mechanic.]

The passlock sensor is very easy to replace...Becky...I still haven't taken pictures from my Malibu. HAHA. [ He started to give youhelp on how to fix the passlock sensor yourself, but got temporarily side tracked with a comment clearly aimed at Becky. No problem here. ]

Take the stereo out, dash trim pieces, then there are two or three small screws that hold the ign cylinder in, then turn your key to the "on" position and then on the bottom of the huge unit, there is a button, get a knife and push that button in and pull the cylinder and sensor out. Then seperate the sensor from the ign cylinder the same way. This is the quick version, if you want, you can buy a Chilton or Haynes manual and it will be in more detail. HOWEVER, if they say anything about tearing the dash out, you don't need to. You can access the system through the radio placement. [ This is the meat and potatoes of Ryan's advice on how to fix your problem.]
If you were not the one that got your springs cut by the mechanic he was talking about, then it's no problem to you. So why get mad and argue about something that wasn't even you to begin with? Simply say it wasn't your car that got the springs hacked, and end of discussion.

Ryan... He obviously mistook what you posted. Simply clarify where he mistook your post, and that's that. There wasno need for insults and profanity from either person.

The two door Lumina thing is getting old. Really. Yes, 1995-1999 Montes are essentially two door Luminas. 2000-2007 Montes are two door Impalas. Who cares? It doesn't matter. There are differences between the 5th gen Monte, and the 4 door Lumina. Just like there's differences between the 6th gen Monte and the Impala. It doesn't matter. What does matter is that we like the Monte Carlo, and that's why we're here.

Old 10-13-2008 | 07:35 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Taz, are yousaying my Monteis a two doorImpala? LOL I'd rather think the Impala is a four door Monte, hehe.

Old 10-13-2008 | 07:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

LMAO. Your Monte is a one of a kind. Or at least one of 3333. LOL.

Quick Reply: Security