Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Sea foam!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Default Sea foam!!!

Well finally tried Seafoam the other day...1/8 can in carb,1/8 in crankcase, rest in gastank...seemed to clean engine out..Gonna see if milage improves as my buddy claimes...anybody else use it???and how often??

Old 10-03-2010, 07:25 AM

yeah i use seafoam, possibly the BEST additive i've useed to clean out my lines, tank and pump. it doesn't free up any mpgs that i've notcied just makes it run smoother. i usually dump a full can in my tank 2 times a year (winter always and once either spring or summer). if u see some more mileage out of it let people know maybe the rest of the group will use it to

Old 10-03-2010, 09:34 AM

i dont know putting it in the crank case but i use a can in the tank aand a can threw the intake as well. i noticed a 1 to 2 mph difference. i use it once in the fall and once in the spring

Old 10-05-2010, 07:42 AM

i seafoamed my '72 cutlass this spring and noticed a HUGE difference.....i used an old windex sprayer and sprayed a bunch inside the carb, then took a VAC line off and sucked in about half the can, and shut it off for about 10 minutes...i filled the entire parking lot i was in with thick white smoke for about 5 minutes!!! car ran waaaaay better, started easier and had noticeable power again...then again this was a 72 olds 350 that doesnt look like it's ever had regular maintenance done

Old 10-05-2010, 07:08 PM

I definatly have gained a few mpg...runs alot smoother..It was worth the 8 bucks..Going to put a can in my 78 c10 tomm...

Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

I used it on my 98 MC my last oil changed. Loved it. Gonna do it my next change too.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:32 PM

Damn, another seafoam thread and I still haven't used the cans I bought. Alright guys, i'm gonna be painting my calipers this weekend, oil change, might as well do seafoam too, right?

So what is the proper way to do it on my 04 Monte? Keep in mind that when I do the oil change I'll be driving on the freeway to my boys shop to use his ramps so I don't want to put too much in the crankcase to cause premature oil breakdown but I would like to get some in there to get working before the fresh oil goes in.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Stevis
i seafoamed my '72 cutlass this spring and noticed a HUGE difference
I hate you! That's my dream car

Old 10-06-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
I hate you! That's my dream car
neener neener i got one you dont :p lol

Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 04MonteLS
Damn, another seafoam thread and I still haven't used the cans I bought. Alright guys, i'm gonna be painting my calipers this weekend, oil change, might as well do seafoam too, right?

So what is the proper way to do it on my 04 Monte? Keep in mind that when I do the oil change I'll be driving on the freeway to my boys shop to use his ramps so I don't want to put too much in the crankcase to cause premature oil breakdown but I would like to get some in there to get working before the fresh oil goes in.
www.seafoamsales.com they have a great short video on how to use in old/newer vehicles...brett

Quick Reply: Sea foam!!!