Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Remote start button opens the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Default Remote start button opens the trunk

I need help here i have a 2007 monte carlo LT 3.5L flex fuel and my remote start button opens my trunk. It won't start my car it only opens the trunk all my other buttons work how they are supposed to just not my remote start. I gave tried to reset it through my driver control. I have the remote start turned on. I'm not showing any engine codes. I can not figure it out any help will be appreciated.

Old 11-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

A question? Has the remote start worked before or is this the first time you tried it?
You should be able to check the VIN number and find out if the car has that feature.
On mine it's the button that looks like a headset.

I have to make sure it is locked click the lock button and then hold the start button till the lights appear to come on and then it starts.

If it functions well other wise then the battery must be good.

I had a technician take it apart and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, that improved they was it worked.

Old 11-22-2016, 04:45 PM

I have only had the car a year and it has never worked while i have owned it. It has always opened the trunk

Old 11-22-2016, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Is the car equipped for remote start? Place/person you bought it from may have replaced the key fob with a remote start fob. RPO code on mine is AP3. Check the sticker on the trunk lid.
Are all the conditions for remote start met? Parking brake set, car in park, doors locked maybe even windows up.

Remote start works intermittently for me, but my car has some other electrical gremlins that I don't have the $$ to fix. So when the seat belt light and airbag lights (that light for no reason) are not on, and the key-in-ignition chime that sounds when there is no key in the ignition is not sounding I can get a remote start. Otherwise those things send out warnings and will not let remote start work. Don't call her Loose Lucy for nothing

Old 12-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Assuming the car is actually equipped with remote start since you said it does show in the info center it sounds like then I would ask as stupid as this may sound, are you pressing the correct button on the fob?
A remote start fob should have 5 total buttons. The top has a circle logo is the remote start, under that side by side are door lock/unlock , below those 2 is the trunk release and bottom red is panic.
On both my 06 SS and 06 LT, to engage remote start all I do is, press door lock button 2x the lights flash and horn chirps, then hold the top remote start button in a couple seconds and then they both fire up.
They will only run for 5 or 10 minutes then shut them selves off.

Old 12-05-2016, 01:20 AM

Mine just doesn't start the car. No unusual functions. The lights flash and I hear a click, but the engine does nothing.

I know the car is equipped for it because it came with the ugly wire in the windshield.