Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Question about '06 keyless entry receiver

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 04:20 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Unhappy Question about '06 keyless entry receiver

Ok, so I took the front dash trim panel off and I see there are two plugs on the receiver, but I only have one wiring harness connected. Anyone know if there should be two? If there is a second one, I can't see it....thanks in advance!

My symptom is when programming it I get nothing after pressing the check mark button to relearn the remote...and of course my keyless entry is inop...

Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Wow, 62 views! Ok, so I solved this tonight...yes, there was a second wiring harness like I suspected, the 06/07 has one that is antenna, second is the one I had dropped when I removed my pad to get it repaired! Ugh, tried everything I could think of but ended up having to bite the bullet and pull the entire pad off to fish out the harness. Well worth it, now tpms and keyless entry are working again. Man, it's going to be so nice not fumbling with the damn key to get in, and to pop the trunk from outside. Spoiled!

Old 03-07-2018, 09:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Happy to hear you solved this issue. Thanks for the follow up.