Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Prime Oil Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 08:56 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Prime Oil Pump

Hi Everyone! Does anyone know how to prime or know the correct tool to prime the OIL pump for a 3.9L 2006 Monte Carlo Lt? I rented one of the drill primers from autozone, but it looks like it won’t fit on the end of the oil pump shaft. The end of the distributor almost looks like a bolt pattern, but the drill primer is flat (I’ll try to take and post pictures after, the primer says GM V6). I know the drill primer should make the shaft spin, but it looks like this won’t fit over it. I wasn’t sure if I was doing something wrong, or if I need a different tool. Also, which way should the drill turn? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Question Maybe ? it might help you ?

Tech Videos | Internal Engine Parts Group | Engine Parts Center

Click above link
I don't know ??? if it will help or not, but it's worth a click to see.
Keep checking back & see what our expert MCF tech post to help you...

GOOD LUCK

Old 02-10-2016, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks! I hadn't seen that site before. After looking at the primer tool some more, I found it was definitely not fitting over the drive shaft, so I decided to try to find a socket that would fit since all the primers looked the same. An 8mm socket fits it perfectly, and with extensions attached to a drill, with the drill going clockwise, it started to prime within 30 seconds!!!

Old 02-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Default Little Help, BCM Location 2000SS ?

Can it be unplugged cleaned and replaced without going through relearn procedure?.

Thank you!

Malcolm

Holding the Bud and son.