Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Possible Passlock or BCM or Something Problems (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/possible-passlock-bcm-something-problems-28521/)

01MoneyCarloSS 07-20-2011 12:18 PM

So you paid $169 for the BCM, how much to program it? My dashboard lights dont work. The only interior lights that work in my car are my digital display by the rear view miror, radio, and odometer. And sometimes those lights dim to the point I can barely see them. Did you experience those issues?

ChibiBlackSheep 07-20-2011 12:31 PM

I would imagine the new BCM or the dealer didn't install the dome light feature lol. Maybe you can ask them if it is something they can switch on, or just perhaps it wasn't wired for it?

03.SS.montecarlo 07-20-2011 02:16 PM

$152 for the dealer. Cause they say security relearn and BCM programming are 2 separate items. They give no breaks for people who install there own parts.

ChibiBlackSheep 07-20-2011 02:34 PM

a Tech-II is an expensive piece of equipment. They know you'll need them :P

03.SS.montecarlo 07-20-2011 04:28 PM

Oh I know it's expensive. They don't have to be jerks about it though. They all ready have it hooked up to do the BCM it's just a couple more button pushes for the security relearn. That's all I'm trying to say.

Stardust 08-01-2011 09:36 PM

Pretty much the same thing happened to us but ended up being the ignition switch and cylinder. $40 bucks at the junk yard.

bbengineer 08-01-2011 10:26 PM

First off, the Cardone isn't aftermarket, it a refurbished OEM unit.

Chibi is correct, if you dome light isn't working, they mis-programmed the BCM for entry illumination

They charged you for the relearn because it's not just a couple of button pushes, it's a minimum 15 minute procedure (on top of the time to program the options in the BCM) even with a Tech-II, so you are paying for the Tech's time

For the poster w/ the interior dash light issues, I'd bet it's your headlight switch, not your BCM. Do the odometer/radio display dim when you turn the headlight switch knob?

BBEngineer

amyamzz 05-09-2012 02:34 PM

I know this was a year ago but did it work? Replacing the BCM? I'm having the same problem!

philotomy 07-13-2012 06:50 PM

bcm?

I'm having the same issue with my 03,funny thing is ...It only happens when the car sits in the sun and get over 80 degrees F in the car,so I keep it in the shade until I can get it fixed,got a new dealership key today but no help.At work I have to park in the street where there's no shade till the sun passes around7 then I can start it .

philotomy 07-15-2012 10:12 AM

where is this bcm located anyways,looked under the hood but nope,must be in the dash somewhere