Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Monte Carlo Repair Help (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/)
-   -   Possible Passlock or BCM or Something Problems (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/monte-carlo-repair-help-8/possible-passlock-bcm-something-problems-28521/)

03.SS.montecarlo 05-30-2011 10:41 PM

does anyone live in the mooresville, nc area happen to have a tech 2? If so, maybe we can work something out?

03.SS.montecarlo 05-31-2011 09:31 PM

Anyone have luck with Cardone BCM? It's the cheapest I've found. Dealer still wants $75 to flash it. Wish I had the money to buy Cardone Flash 2 programmer lol.

Curtis24682007 06-06-2011 05:07 PM

Did you get this problem taken care of? My car has starting issues, radio issues and the head lights don't work all the time. The price that you quoted for taking your car to dealership is alot better than mine here in Atlanta, GA. They wanted $500.00 here.

03.SS.montecarlo 06-06-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Curtis24682007 (Post 330775)
Did you get this problem taken care of? My car has starting issues, radio issues and the head lights don't work all the time. The price that you quoted for taking your car to dealership is alot better than mine here in Atlanta, GA. They wanted $500.00 here.

Well, not yet. They did want about that for doing it all. I'm just ordering the Cardone aftermarket one. Then I'll take it to somewhere to have it programmed for the RPO codes. I really was wanting to find someone in my area that has a Tech2 but haven't had any luck do that yet. Sorry to hear your having issues as well. I will let you know I have figured a little work around for now, if you have no dome light when you open the door it's not gonna start, how I have prevented this is by just disconnecting the battery when I park, so far that has worked. I did find that when you put the key in and the door dinger is slow, it's not gonna start, also if you put the key in and it dings only 3-times real fast it's not gonna start. I also notice that if your turning the car off and the radio stays on after opening the door, it's not gonna start. I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting and messing with it to figure out what's really wrong.

I hope some of this rambling message is helpful for you or someone else....:cool:

Curtis24682007 06-06-2011 11:52 PM

Thanks for the symptoms of the no start. My car didn't start today at work and I was like this is the last straw, then 30 minutes later, it just crank right up. The crazy thing is it always happens when you really need to get somewhere. This is just one of the few problems with my Monte I paid $1800 so far I have put about $1200 in her and it looks like that # is just gonna keep going up. I love my car, but GM really did a horrible job on putting this car together. I will try to watch for tell tell signs that I can share when my car does not start. I guess I might have to just start disconnecting my battery until I can get this problems solved. GM really knew what they were doing when they built this car, because you will always have to come back to the dealership to get the major stuff done. Well that was my rant for the night, good luck with your car and keep me posted and I will do the same.

03.SS.montecarlo 06-30-2011 05:48 PM

Well I bought the aftermarket Cardone brand one. Installed it and took it to the dealer they programmed it, did a security relearn, everything seems to be ok for now. Part was $93 after core, then the dealer got me for $152, so total was $245.

I do want to mention something else, after hooking the new bcm up when the door opens I don't get any interior lights, I have to switch them on for some reason. If anyone has a schematic I could see that would be great. Thanks.

BIGAL131 07-02-2011 10:26 AM

How did your car start after you installed the BCM...without it being programed for your vehicle...it shouldnt have been able to start without programing?

03.SS.montecarlo 07-02-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by BIGAL131 (Post 339357)
How did your car start after you installed the BCM...without it being programed for your vehicle...it shouldnt have been able to start without programing?

No I had to get it programmed, and a security relearn before it would start. I had it towed to the dealer. I just have to figure out this dome light issue now, it's driving me a little nutty.

tonybagga 07-19-2011 03:33 PM

Hi..have an 01 Monte having similar issues...ive looked and looked...three possible problems...bcm...passlock...ignition cylinder...did changing the bcm work for you?

03.SS.montecarlo 07-19-2011 04:53 PM

Well I am pretty sure that's what it was cause I've had no trouble starting the car now. The only thing I have now is a dome light issue. That happened right after hooking the new BCM up. The only way the dome/courtesy lights come one is if I switch them on manually. Kinda driving me crazy but I'll have to wait till I get a free weekend to tackle that.