Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Possesed Monte???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:50 AM

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your Monte but like i said b4...its a typical GM problem car. I am surprised that the dealership mechanics couldnt find a bad BCM code when they checked your car but then again...sometimes BCM codes don't show up like mine didn't but when i took a chance and replaced it and had the new one reprogrammed at the dealer all seems good now for several months. The dealer techs typically pull out aftermarket car alarms because they claim that aftermarket alarms dont work with the factory alarm and computer which in turn causes issues like a no start condition but so does a BCM issue! I wish you luck and maybe recommend for you to look into an extended warranty on the car if you love it that much and wish to keep it for a while longer because i am sure you will have many mechanical,electrical issues with it like a typical GM product.If you havent all ready, be prepared to replace your upper and lower intake manifold gaskets and also your plastic coolant tubes which will run you a bit of cash to repair...believe me.....i went through that already on mine....so think about an extended warranty on future repairs.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Thanks for all the help. I've never thought about an extended warranty before. I might have to look into it. do you have one on your car?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Hello Ashley, You can go online and google extended auto warranties and shop around but be careful...there are a lot of rip offs out there so just make sure they have a rating of A or A+ by the better business bureau. They arent cheap but maybe in the long run if your Monte keeps acting up and repairs are neccesary it may pay for itself in time. My problems started at aprox 60000 miles right after my 5 year 100,000 mile warranty expired (figures right?) I put in about $1800 in repairs for the problems ive experienced and now have the yellow pace car above up for sale locally and I'm buying a Korean or Jap car or maybe a Ford so i dont need an extended warranty now since im selling it but shop around for the best coverage and price!

Old 06-08-2011, 09:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Ok that sounds good, I will look at those today sometime. My mom has a Chrysler 300 and I love that thing, she's never had any problems with it. I also have my Yellow mustang that I've never had problems with either, but it does only have 35k on it. But I have a guy coming out to look at my mustang tonight. Rear wheel drive in Michigan sucks. otherwise I would keep it. Thanks for all your help! I ended up bringing my car back into the dealership on Monday and they put in a new BCM for me $297...ughhh. But now my car is happy.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:43 AM

Hi again Ashley! I too hope that your Monte stays HAPPY! I have 1 question though for ya? After you went back the second time and they installed a new BCM into your car and all worked great after that, then why didnt you tell them to reimburse you for the cost of removing your viper alarm system since obviously that wasnt the issue with your car but a bad BCM. They should have found that the bcm wasnt working correctly in the first place and left the alarm system alone. You are now out the alarm and the money you paid to have it installed in the first place and then you paid the dealer guys to take it out for you....That is a miss-diagnosis and i would fight to get that money refunded since the BCM was the problem and not the viper alarm....you did state that the car didnt want to start when you got to the lake after your alarm was removed so that would point to the BCM? I think in my opinion you should get a refund for the money you paid to have them diagnose and pull your Viper out!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

How did I miss this thread? First post I would have said weird electrical issues that you can't explain are usually a sign of a poor BCM.

I usually try to stray people away from installing remote starts and alarm systems in these cars just because passlock can be a pain with foreign things like that too.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 PM

to anyone who has replaced the aftermarket stock one the question i have is if there is any aftermarket ones that you can buy that still have the key fob programing options and still show the oil life?
Thanks.