Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Please help me solve this mystery!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM

pull off the plastic trim below the windshield on the exterior of the car above where pax air filter. there is a seal that snaps onto a metal piece that blocks water from coming down into your blower and can cause puddles on the floor. Had problem with my monte and impala I used to own. pull apart. clean metal part and small seal. the seal just snaps in and usually find it laying on top your pax air filter. rtv both parts press it back on and wait for the rtv to cure. usually I do another bead on the top side of the seal. Fixed problem on both cars. easy way to tell if you park the car with the front pointed towards a downhill slope the water will be significantly less or not at all

Old 01-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

gtr25, I'm familiar with the problem you're referring to, but I don't think it's the same problem as the one described by BR549. That problem causes only the front passenger side floor board to flood. One of our Administrators, ChibiBlackSheep posted a permanent fix to that problem by using a deflector from a Grand Prix or gen. 7 Monte (Same part) and a couple modifications. I've done this fix to two of my gen. 6's and it works great. Here's the link to that thread:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...lem-fix-26663/

Last edited by plumbob; 01-15-2016 at 07:41 PM.