Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Passenger Side Power Lock Door.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Passenger Side Power Lock Door.

My passenger side door stays LOCKED ... all the time, unless I MANUALLY UNLOCK the door ... AFTER opening the driver side door and hitting the Lock Button to unlock it.

I've looked in the Owners Manual and tried all the situations available in the preferences in the Radio Menu for Doors. No cigar!

Tonight, after the movie ... it was raining when we came out. I unlocked the car from 25-yards out and MY door was open when I grabbed the handle. My wife had to wait, in the rain, until I got my door open and let her in.

For $25,000 ... and the right to come-back, next week. Can I do an electrical mod to make the passenger side door UNLOCK when I use the Remote to unlock the doors ... so, a passenger can get-in the car without having to wait for the driver side door to be opened and unlocked.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:19 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Passenger Side Power Lock Door.

this may sound stupid like a stupid question, but you are hitting the button twice right?

mines had an issue with the power switcho n the passenger door. that switch will lock the door but cannot unlcok it. my mom has locked herself in the car a couple of times.

Old 12-28-2008, 11:27 PM

im sorry fer your wife but it could be the motor that locks and unlocks it. coulda fried. take ur door panel off and vapor barrier then reconnect the lock unlock button so you can see if its doing anything when you do it. (some cars wont do it unless the switches are in)

if its working then its gotta be something to the receiver mayby idk

Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 AM
10 Year Member

The Door ... Locks and Unlocks; fine. The Driver Side Button will Lock and Unlock BOTH Doors. The Switch on the Passenger Side Door will Lock and Unlock the Passenger Side Door.
The Doors BOTH Lock when the Car is placed in gear.
ONLY the Driver Side Door Unlocks when the Car is stopped and the Key removed.
When I return to a LOCKED Car ... and UNLOCK the car by Remote ... ONLY the Driver Side Door Unlocks. The Passenger Side Door remains LOCKED ... even if the Remote is multiple times pushed to Unlock the Car.

I want to be able to Unlock BOTH Doors with the Remote.

(I want to be able to do this without getting inside the doors. I want to find the wire that gives the Drivers Side Door the Unlock Signal and "Jumper" it to the Passenger Side Door Open wire; too. WITHOUT causing anything bad to happen as a result.)

Old 12-29-2008, 12:58 AM

I have the same problem with my door, one thing that i found helps is that you press the button once and then wait a good second and press it again is most of the time it will work.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member

I'm pretty sure the issue of my Passenger Side Door NOT opening with the Key Fob problem is SOLVED!
Attribute it to: "Pilot Error"
Looks like the Feature WAS NOT programmed right in the Preferences available in the Menu.
I read the Owners Manual very carefully. Went out and entered the User Preferences. Selected: ALL Unlock > Then, ENTERED it buy Pushing the Radio Button IN and getting an Asterisk to show-up along with the Selected Program. Entered it. Exited the Program Function.
Tested the UNLOCK Function ... and, ... Low and Behold > BOTH Doors Unlocked.
A small step for Mankind; but a Huge warm and fuzzy feeling all-over having the doors unlock right.
Thanks to everybody for Chiming-in ... it made me think and get the Book out and re-read it until I understood it.
I'm a Pro at Key Fob Functions and Initial Set-ups now.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:43 AM

glad you found the problem and fixed it ..now are you still trying to fix the problem about leaving your wife out in the rain and not opening her door first hahahaha

Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM

thats good that you figured it out. now we know who to go to when we need something with the remote