Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

paint

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default paint

hey guys ive been thinking about doing either blue racing/pen stripes on my car what is the easest way of going about this

Old 05-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Default RE: paint

if i was to do this i would use the tape just to see what it looks like then if it is what i like and want i would call to a body shop and find a painter that dose them and have him do them in paint for you.

if you want to do them in paint and you really have a steady hand and alot of time on your hands you can take some masking tape that is at least 1 inch wide tape off the linse that you want just below the line you want them on then tape arcrossed the top so tha tyou have the thicknes of the line you want between the tape,

then you just scuff that area and use some alcohol and wipe it down then tack cloth it off and paint it your color with etheir a brush or spray gun. but if you chose a brush go buy the actuall pinstrpe brush and do it right.

but there are several book out there on the net and in the libray that will help you learn more about how to paint the car and diffrent things you can do.

also look up a lace paint job they look great and if you do them the right way it is a real atention getter and they are not hard to do