Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Oil pressure or instrument cluster problems

Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Arrow Oil pressure or instrument cluster problems

Hey y'all , my oil pressure stays on low almost every time i star the motor some times it would go up to normal level when i start the car, but lately its been staying on low pressure a lot more than usual. Do y'all think the instrument cluster is going bad or is it something else that has to do with the oil pressure . Please help me its been doing it for a while now.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 PM

Dealing with a similar problem myself now. 2 days ago she started into a random bombardment of beeping and "Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine" alerts. It's completely random and erratic. It suspiciously started after a trip to the car wash, so I'm suspecting there may be a new short in the wiring or the oil pressure sensor/switch is going out.

I ordered a new sensor/switch last night at a good price and it should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping that's the case because I *really* don't want to go through the 75 steps to replacing the pump. Guess we'll see.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by NX-23
Dealing with a similar problem myself now. 2 days ago she started into a random bombardment of beeping and "Oil Pressure Low Stop Engine" alerts. It's completely random and erratic. It suspiciously started after a trip to the car wash, so I'm suspecting there may be a new short in the wiring or the oil pressure sensor/switch is going out.

I ordered a new sensor/switch last night at a good price and it should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping that's the case because I *really* don't want to go through the 75 steps to replacing the pump. Guess we'll see.
yes thats what it was i had to replace mine also it finally stop doing that, so it should fix your problem also...

Old 06-18-2011, 11:47 PM

Right you are. It was the case with mine as well. Took a little while to get my hands into that tight space, but it hasn't gone nuts since, and I put about 100 miles on it. Hoping that's the last of that problem. Thanks!