Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): No Sound in Front Left Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:25 PM
Default No Sound in Front Left Speaker

No sound is coming out of the front left speaker except for very high frequencies and can barely be heard. On the RARE occasion it will come back to life, but will only last like 10 minutes.

All the other speakers are working, so I don't know if it is a wiring issue or a problem with the radio itself. Does anyone have a solution or has anyone experienced a similar issue?

On a side note, the door chimes and signal sound can't be heard either...

Cheers

Old 10-31-2016, 07:30 AM

I'd start with wiring then speaker, finally radio. Check the wire and swap a different speaker over. What year? Stock setup?

Old 11-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Default Reply

I have a 2006 ltz, stock every thing, no amp with the speakers. Which wire would I be checking and where is it located?

Old 11-02-2016, 09:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Pull the door panel off, remove the speaker and hook up another speaker in its place. Even an old speaker and some zip cord twisted to the plug & terminals is good enough to test if the head unit is outputting.

http://www.barovelli.com/projects/ca...edoorpanel.htm

I'm stuck with a no sound from right front. It's not the speaker so I sometimes try to eliminate the radio or the stock amp. Mostly I push the fader to the back speakers and turn up to volume.