Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

NO SOUND

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Default NO SOUND

I have an 06 Monte Carlo LT that has no sound. By no sound I mean, no door chime, no click click click when the turn signals are on, no ringading ding to let me knowI forgot to putmyseatbelt on.

This is the first time this has happened. I first noticed there was no sound when I tried to turn up the volume on the radio while sitting at a red light. I thought it was the radio station at first, so I changed stations and still no sound. I looked at the gauges to see if they were acting screwy asmy first thought was that itmight be the onset of an alternator problem. All the gauges still work butI noticed that the turn signal that I had on was blinking but was not making the click click sound that you hear when it is engaged.

Once I got to my destination, I turned the car off and opened the door with the keyspurposely left the keys in the ignition to see if it would give me that "you forgot your keys in the ignition" chime and it didn't. I restarted the car to see if it would start and it did with no problem, but this is where I also noticed that there was no startup chime either.

What could this be? Relay switch? Help......[&:]

Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: NO SOUND

Id check fuses, wires. Could even be blown speakers, I know in my car only the driver door side speaker chimes for the car.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Default RE: NO SOUND

Look to see if there is an >> INLINE FUSE << added to the Power IN on the HOT Wire delivering the Juice to the back of that AMP. Don't just look at the FUSE. Do a Continuity Check to see that the Juice is actually passing through the FUSE and the FUSE Holder.