Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

sound dampining

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default sound dampining

i have 2 12 and when at low or medium you can noticable hear the spoiler rattling would dynomat or something similar make a huge differance. i would like to hear from people that have done it already. and coul ido it on my own

Old 04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Default RE: sound dampining

now you are talking about my type of work. the deal with chevy's including mine is tat they are signature rattle boxes. therefore dynomat and plexi paper are definitly required if you want good clean sound. what type of 12" do you have and how much wattage is yoru amp pushing out cause i have two 15" jugs (juggaurnaut [wrong spelling i know]) and my amp is pushing out 2500 watts. my 15" are 1000 watts a piece so i got a lot of bass and it sound great cause i have dynomat installed and it is very easy to do it yourself also

Old 04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Default RE: sound dampening

now when you install it are you doing inside the doors and the rear 1/4 panels to or just lie kt eh trunk and and doors?
when i installed Thai stuff was just starting to hit the market (showing my age i know) but it was not real well received yet so we only installed like one or two cars the whole time i installed. I did most of the dash work so i didn't have to worry about doing the stuff like boxes etc.. hell i didn't even have to learn what worked good or not i just got told put this in this car LOL
so i could use a good tut on stereos and installing all the sound good stuff. I need to figure out what ti want to put in my car and fast so that i can get this gig with Kicker, i would have to use their stuff. I have a decent head unit it is a premier the one they stole was the 1100 but i don't remember what this one is anymore it is sitting in a box and getting dusty it will be the next thing i will put in but i have to figure out what the deal is why i cant just take this stereo out of the car i don't need it shutting down the ecm on me. LOL that would not be a good thing here in Germany

Old 04-27-2005, 11:36 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default RE: sound dampening

so its a definite on sound damining in montes???? what is the cheapest/works the best/ easyest to install