Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

No AC. cant find vacuum line. random acsry line

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Talking No AC. cant find vacuum line. random acsry line

Hi!
first post on here. Hoping to become a contributing member.
I just got my z34 like 2 weeks ago. love the car (named her Roxy)
But i have no AC, and living in Louisiana its kinda killing me. Also yesterday i noticed that when i accelerate hard the center face fans don't blow very hard.
I have read that this is usually caused by a damaged vacuum line, or a damaged check valve. Problem is that I don't know where to even find this vacuum line to check if its ok. I have looked all around the throttle body and all those lines and hoses are far too large. Could someone link my a vacuum line diagram?
While looking for that line i found that the "acsry" line is not connected to anything and is just chillin between fender and the battery. I would think this line should be connected to something, but I have very little car knowledge.
When the engine is on and i cover the end of the line i can feel a strong suction and the engine tone slightly changes.
Any help would be great. I can provide pictures if needed

Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 AM

I'm not too familiar with your model Monte but if you could post a pic or something that could help me. I'm sure there are some members on this site who might know exactly what you are talking about though.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:25 AM

do you have the 3.4 DOHC or the 3800 engine in it?

Old 05-31-2010, 01:12 PM

hi guys. thanks for the replies. i have the 3.4 dohc.
(sorry for waiting so long and reviving this old post)
im having battery problems so i took some pictures while hassling with that.
anyways its the ACSRY line, link to diagram
as I said the hose goes into a T one hose from the T seems to go back into the firewall in a bundle with some other wires. the other line from that T is the random line i have found.
actually i cant figure out how to upload pictures here. I cant find the manage attachments file.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your problem with the air not blowing thru the center vents is probably a problem with your vacuum ball. It's inside the front bumper on the driver's side (covered by the wheel well). There is a vacuum line that leads to it, it's probably broken/loose.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Your problem with the air not blowing thru the center vents is probably a problem with your vacuum ball. It's inside the front bumper on the driver's side (covered by the wheel well). There is a vacuum line that leads to it, it's probably broken/loose.
dose the ACSRY line lead to that? the line i found is right over the driver side wheel well

Old 05-31-2010, 03:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I had the same problem.

If you were to remove the driver's side headlight you will see the vacuum canister there. Just replace the hose coming from there to where the valve is on the inner fender. That should take care of it.

Depending on how bad the rest of the hose is, you might have to chase it to the firewall.

Here is the link

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fwd-tech-guides-95-07-62/loss-c-air-under-acceleration-fix-5th-gen-9613/

Last edited by The Popcorn King; 05-31-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:40 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by oaky812
dose the ACSRY line lead to that? the line i found is right over the driver side wheel well
I have no clue what ACSRY means, but you're probably talking about the correct line. It's in front of the battery IIRC.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:54 PM

thank you both!
the hose that was there was in fine condition so i undid the plastic thing that attaches to the bottom ofthe front bumper and continues into the wheel well. the vacuum ball is attached to that and just lowered it out. i attached the ACSRy hose that was just laying about to the small nozzle on the ball. I turned the car on and waited for probably 5 minutes, the AC didn't seem to pick up. Maybe i should try driving around for 30 minutes to see if it the ac is fixed?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:24 PM
15 Year Member

Does your AC actually work/blow cold air? If not, it needs a recharge.

Check the rest of your vacuum lines. If you can't get air to blow out of one or more of your vents, you have a vacuum leak most likely.

Quick Reply: No AC. cant find vacuum line. random acsry line