Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need some help, Just bought my Monte and...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Default Need some help, Just bought my Monte and...

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I'm a new member here. Nice to meet you all. I Just bought a 2004 Monte Carlo SS, and didn't have a chance to photo it and get into the new members area. I have an issue that has been really annoying and problematic and I was really anxious to get help on it. After replacing the stock radio, my abs and traction off/service traction system light came on. The mechanic said he tried replacing the bearing module on the drivers side, since it didn't seem to be an OEM to begin with. But he said that it did not fix the issue. Or maybe he never actually replaced it. This was a used car mechanic where I bought the car (through whom the stereo was done in the first place). He said he called the Chevy dealer and they told him that the stock radio is connected with this issue somehow and that after replacing it, it causes this problem. I put a dual 7 inch retractable dvd player with an autotek 1200watt amp, and Lanzar dual 12 inch subs and 4 pioneer 350 watt speakers. This has become a serious problem now because when the abs light comes off, the car constantly locks and makes noise when I stop (skidding), assuming the anti lock is kicking in. It actually drives normally when the abs light and service traction system is on. I don't know what to do, and I wanted to know if any of you guys have had a similar issue, and whether it is related to the stock radio or not what can I do to get it fixed?

Thanks

Max

Old 12-02-2013, 07:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Step number one, have someone with a scan tool that can access the ABS computer find out what the ABS code is (since the ABS light is on, there is a code and it will point you in the correct direction).

As long as you tied into only radio wiring when swapping the radio out, I don't see why the ABS system would have an issue. It might be coincidental.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Default Any one else with a similar Issue.

Thanks for the feedback. I cant seem to get it fixed.

Max

Old 12-04-2013, 07:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When you were doing the wiring, did you mess with any existing grounds??