Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need Some Headers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Need Some Headers!!!

When having my mufflers installed, they found I have a cracked rear exhaust manifold. I am looking at replacing the manifolds with headers instead, and swapping the down pipe and cat. I want to go with 2.5, so I do not need to change any of the other pipes. I am currently running factory down pipe and cat, with u bend and resonator delete. I have Thrush Turbo mufflers, with 3 inch resonator tips. I am trying to get the headers, down pipe, and cat as cheap as I can, since it will cost 400 to have them installed. I have looked at ZZP and Speed Daddy already. What would you guys suggest for what I am looking for?

Old 01-06-2019, 07:30 AM

Well.. If you want to go cheapest I would do the speed daddy headers and a universal cat..

Let me tell you tho, if youre supercharged and have no other mods youre gonna lose power.. At the time I put my headers on I had the rest of the exhaust done (cat-less DP then 2.5" to the mufflers), CAI, and a tune.. Lost a TON of power.. And it made the car sound worse.. It wasnt until I did the T-body, rockers, pulley, and something else I cant remember that I took advantage of the headers being replaced.. Actually I would really like to put the stock manifold back on to test which would really make more power because the loss I had from the headers was quite significant. I could no longer even do a burnout on dry pavement..

Also, look into doing it yourself if possible. 400 is quite a lot when its something rather simple..

Old 01-09-2019, 09:16 PM

Power log or stock manifolds unless you heavily modded.

Though a ubend deleted cat can be had for stock bolt on from O'Reilly's. Got it all on my 03

Magnaflow cat