Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need help with supercharger oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012 | 10:25 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Need help with supercharger oil

So ok I went out this morning to try and change it before we left to do easter stuff Happy Easter everyone by the way! Anyways I'm haveing trouble with getting the screw out to change the oil. I'm pretty sure its never been done if I had to guess. Just to clarify while standing in the front of the car which way do you torque it to get it out to the passenger or driver side? Maybe I was beign to gental but I was worried if I cracked too much I could crack the nose or something? Any help on how to make this easier to get out would be appreciated.

Old 04-08-2012 | 11:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Hope this help's..

Here's a LINK:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpvwtgYlJFw

Old 04-08-2012 | 11:24 AM

Thanks it does for which direction now lol so towards the passengers side. Now just hope I can get it out on my next try which looks like after 5 today or tomorrow

Old 04-08-2012 | 11:42 PM
5 Year Member

yeah passengers side. just make sure you take your time! i almost dropped mine down the engine bay lmao. make sure you keep a rag handy and try to block off underneath the screw incase is manages to fall it can catch it! dont get frustrated with it either! just keep trying! and i wouldnt recommend putting any break cleaner or anything on it to get to slip loose. use the allen wrench and if you have a little pipe, slide that on the allen wrench for a little leverage. hope this helps!

Old 04-09-2012 | 05:06 PM

I got the alan wrech key set which sadly means its attched to a cheap plastic handle. anyway I am going to try it agian sometime this week. By the way how much does it take I've heard a little over 1 and a half bottles. I got a magnetic tool too to grab it if I drop it but I'm hoping I don't lol

Old 04-09-2012 | 05:13 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
I got the alan wrech key set which sadly means its attched to a cheap plastic handle. anyway I am going to try it agian sometime this week. By the way how much does it take I've heard a little over 1 and a half bottles. I got a magnetic tool too to grab it if I drop it but I'm hoping I don't lol
Both of mine took two bottles , and I put a short piece of vacuum hose on the end of bottle to help put oil it in the hole..

Old 04-09-2012 | 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry
Both of mine took two bottles , and I put a short piece of vacuum hose on the end of bottle to help put oil it in the hole..
Great to know! I have two bottle but everyone seems to say soemthing different and I don't want to overfill it right? Anyway I'm pretty sure its never been changed before since its so tight in there and it has 77,777 miles as of right now so it needs to be done.

Old 04-09-2012 | 05:24 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Great to know! I have two bottle but everyone seems to say soemthing different and I don't want to overfill it right? Anyway I'm pretty sure its never been changed before since its so tight in there and it has 77,777 miles as of right now so it needs to be done.
I was told to fill it up to the bottom of the threads of fill hole , I have had no problems with both supercharger's ..

Old 04-09-2012 | 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry
I was told to fill it up to the bottom of the threads of fill hole , I have had no problems with both supercharger's ..
Great to hear! Thanks for the advice. Once I get around to it I'll see if I can finally get the dang plug out lol

Old 04-09-2012 | 07:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Lefty loosey righty tighty

Make sure you have a squirt bottle head & tube to get the oil out, and it's gonna smell horrible btw

When you fill, fill it to the bottom thread of the piece you removed to access the oil (takes almost 2 bottles of GM fluid, I think ZZP sells their branded crap that's the exact amount you need)

Quick Reply: Need help with supercharger oil