Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

My 2000 mc

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM
1 Year Member

i took my car to the chevy shop and they still dont know whats going on with my monte. Before I got to the shop is jerked a little bit and it drove good the whole time I was headed there. When I got to the shop, the guy checked my car for about 1hr 30 mins and couldnt find a thing. The same 3 codes are coming on which is the Crank Shaft sensor and knock sensor 1 and 2. He test drove my car 15 miles down the rd and the bastard didn't even act up so he told me to just bring it back once the check engine like comes back on and it shuts off while Im driving....I said ok....soon I got bk in my car it drove good the whooole day with no mistakes...no skipping no nothing at all. He reset the codes and all to see if it'll come back up...Wed night 1/11/12 the bastard had shut off on me again. I called the guy and told him what it did and he told me to bring the car in on monday so he can really go digging into the SS because it has to be the crank shaft, wiring, or bad computer going on in my car....GOD HELP ME I'M BEGGIN.....

Old 01-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Mine was doing that when the MAF sensor was going bad, once I unplugged it the Monte stopped acting crazy now i'll be getting a new MAF in the morning !

Old 01-20-2012, 12:54 PM
1 Year Member

oh ok bruh, I replaced my MAF sensor so I'm good on that part......well I got my car back today and the guy said it was a bad Crankshaft sensor...So he said on those kind of parts you'd need to get the GM part instead of the side stores like Orielly, Auto Zone, Advance Auto etc...My check engine like is off so we'll see from here because last time when the light was off,, the bastard came back on while I got off from work. So we are really gone see how it works now since its a GM part. I last replace my crankshaft Jan of 2011. hopefully its fixed, so now im gone hook it back up and start washing it now lol

Old 01-27-2012, 01:37 PM
1 Year Member

the GM crankshaft sensor got me running smooth again...GO TEAM MC

Old 01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Glad you got it all worked out!

Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012