Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Multiple Problems - comments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:32 PM
Default Multiple Problems - comments?

CURRENT PROBLEMS:

Horn does not sound/work when pressed

Car Alarm does not work properly / only locks/unlocks doors but the horn does not sound when the alarm is put on

Water on drivers side floor

RECENT NEWS:

Just picked up my 2001 Monte Carlo SS (no modifications) from the Dealer after it was almost totaled from a car accident. The airbags deployed and were replaced. The sunroof was knocked off its track but was not fixed due to the insurance company not wanting to pay for it (supposedly it is sealed but not able to be operated).

One day before the Dealer started the work, the car alarm went on and would not turn off. The keypad would not turn the alarm off. I could not open the hood to disconnect the battery since the hood was damaged an would not open. After about 10 minutes, the alarm finally went off on its own.

I am guessing the horn/alarm are related. Even though I told the Dealer about this can called them every day to remind them, it was not fixed.

I think the water on the floor is to due with the sunroof. Maybe it is not "sealed" like I was told. Or, it is coming in through the firewall by the cabin air filter (I read a thread on this site a moment ago).

I appreciate you insights and recommendations.

I am taking the car back to the dealer tomorrow.

This is the same car that had the engine fire and rebuilt transmission back in 2010. Gotta love it!

Domenic

Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM

Who did you buy the car from? Why wouldn't insurance fix it right? And why are you letting these people push you around? Squeaky wheel gets the grease my friend, get mad without being an a$$ hole and don't take no for an answer. You pay insurance for a service. If that service is not met to satisfactory levels your wasting money. Have a voice and give them the gears!!!
I had to fight my insurance company to fix my car properly when it got smashed and they caved in and did it my way. And I'm happy about it. If things don't work now that worked before that would make me go ape $hit

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM

I wish I could wave my magic wand and make those problems go away, sounds like a damn headache.....hopefully the dealer straightens it all out for ya.