Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

multi cylinder miss fire???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i know two things can afect a missfire when a tune up has been done with a electronic ignition wich is computer and coil packs. wouldent looking into the history of repair would the dealer just replace/fix the computer to see if that was the problem? i know that there might be anouther sensor afecting it but wouldent they just fix the problem and not make the chevy name look bad and not have people ever come back to them?

Old 08-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Below is one link to check `out on your warranty issue. There are many sites similar if you do a Google's Search.
I've read that your mod has to be associated with the problem that you car acquired. If the mod is not associated with the problem, they can not void your warranty...I suggest doing some homework & getting a attorney to review your warranty coverage...Good Luck
What Voids Your Vehicle's Warranty? -- Edmunds.com
Here are some scenarios that can void your warranty. ... Auto Warranty Tips ... Aftermarket parts or modifications: This aspect of warranty coverage has a ...
www.edmunds.com/advice/warranties/articles/.../article.html - Cached - Similar

Old 08-16-2009, 01:32 PM
15 Year Member

you know whats the wiers thing is kidspace. my speedomiter was off when the stingray chevy braught my car out with those 16 inch steel rims when i found the 17 inch aluminum rims the speedomiter red good. what i mean the 16inch it read 55mph when i was going 45mph. when i got the 17inch rims it read 45 when i was doing 45. how i know this there are three roads people have a tendency on speeding on neer me. i asked the sheriffs that were there mind didnt get pulled over. just wanted to ask if one could follow me up the road and back to see how off i was. with the 16 inch it was very off. that sherrif was cool to help me out like that how come city pd cant be like that? going with the 17 inch stockys again i know wont void the warrenty. and the speakers that were replaced didnt void them because they were profesionaly put in from stingrays aftermarket.there is no aftermarket outher than what was on the car when i got it i even asked when there was the deaper exaughst note will it void it even the service manager said no because i wanted to hear it from him to. so why would they do that i am confused on why they did denie me found out from a tech from bartow chevy and sting ray chevy there the same dealer with two different names. talk about convenent isint it

Old 08-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Monte07, I would ask the dealer that denied your warranty to put it in writing. Then I would seek out a attorney in your area that has knowledge is this area of the law, and have him call/meet with your dealership. Many attornies will take cases on a % and won't charge you for their representation. Especially if they believe that you have a case. How many miles are remaining on your warranty ? What part are they claiming violated your warranty ? Good Luck, but it's your move, decision. It takes time to fight, but like any fight...It pays 2 be prepared 4-Sure...Documentation/Evidence of Facts/Receipts/Names of Employee's involved/Time/Dates/Type of Mod's 2 your Monte.
It's not E.Z., but I'm learning nothing good in this life is E.Z. ~>4-Sure... Keep us updated on what you decide 2 do....

Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Space is right. The things you listed can not void the warranty. An attorney is needed. If money is tight you may look into options like prepaid legal. Good luck you are in the right here.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

man, i've been following this post and it really sucks! i support you and so do all the othes here, i wish i could help somehow, wtf man, i'd be furious as all hell!! i want to do some stuff to my car and i do have an aftermarket warrranty and now i'm not to sure if i will, this sucks bigtime! sorry man, take care and goodluck!!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 AM

use ebonics much?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by rbl_ins
use ebonics much?

Thanks 4 your major contribution 2 this thread topic.
I keep learning so much on the MCF
"Ebonics" ?
rbl_ins, are you a teacher/professor/critic ?
Many have not had the oppurtunity ?
Below is my humor...I hope that we all learn to get along.
All humans have their flaws, I just seen to have more lol
Video results for ebonics ?

Learning Ebonics
click above : )
1 min 39 sec
www.youtube.com

Above posted 4 humor only & not 2 offend.
EnJoy/Laugh at yourself, or the lessons in life

Last edited by Space; 08-17-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM
15 Year Member

i have 52k on the car got it with 10k i put the rest on and the aftermarket warrenty ends at 200k. they put it in writing saying i was sitting in the parking lot high reving the car to make the missfire happen.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:39 PM
15 Year Member

on outher words i have given the paper work to my atterny friend of mine. he is giving it to the outher atterny he works with to do the whole court thing he was the one there with me dropping off the car those times they said they didnt see any thing. also my friend knows i baby the car by doing the routene matenence and waxing the car. im just upset by them cant really drive it with my kids in the car fearing it will break down with the kids in the car.

Quick Reply: multi cylinder miss fire???