Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Monte Wont Start / Stalled quickly after start last week

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 PM

Finalizing this thread:

Replaced the battery today and it started right up. Took the car and had the alternator tested and it passed fine. Also replaced the serp belt since it was squeaking a bit. All good on that side.

have another problem that I will post separately.

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2015, 12:15 PM
Unhappy Bang! Fire!

Originally Posted by bigdomvegas
Is the fuel injector pressure regulator easy to replace? I found the part, about $50 bucks so..............

Tried to start it today...........nothing...........clicks......like a starter........but cant be that easy for me.

My gut thinks something is off with the fuel delivery or whatever..........I think this because of the fire back in February. Car wouldnt start. Tried to jump it. Next thing I knew........BANG! Fire!
Exactly, I am sure this is long resolved as I am just killing time looking at old posts, however, I had my intake manifold replaced on my 2001 MC SS and maybe a few months later I started having the same problem. It would start, stall out then start perfect. It would on occasion stall out when rolling slow like about to stop to turn. Turned out like you said, Bang, it blew the intake manifold off. (Luckily no fire) Turns out it was a simple fuel regulator, cheap part easy to change yourself. Unfortunately it ended up costing me 1100 dollars. I did get other work done as well. Intake manifold again, valve cover gaskets and such. Also my key switch the part behind not where the key goes in, (Still security light on occasion..)

Old 10-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Default Try this

While you are in your car, Lock your car with they key fob. Last unlock your car with the inside handle. Then try starting your car.