Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

LTZ going in for warranty repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Default RE: LTZ going in for warranty repairs

[align=center][X(][X(][X(]Grandpa `Dave [X(][X(][X(][/align][align=center]It's sad for me to read about all your problems & poor service [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think it is one of the many reasons that GM is losing so much $$ Money $$ ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really love my Monte Carlo, but I think that pride was lacking during[/align][align=center]the manufactoring, & quality suffers : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that yourGM/Dealer can resolve your many issues with your limited edition[/align][align=center]LTZ.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would be pissed to & would insist that the dealer fixes what's broken : ([/align][align=center]to your satisfaction [/align][align=center][:-]Below Pic of [:@]Grandpa @ dealership [:@][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/B877322CF0664962A267CAC8C3A2B145.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Wish U Good Luck Dave,[/align][align=center]I'm going back to Space 4 Service[/align][align=center]I'm outa here[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 02-24-2007, 11:29 AM

They guess they might as well give up the warranty of 3 years/36,000 miles and make it just 30 days. At least it would lower the price of the car. Heck, $1,500.00 of the car purchase just goves to pay for GM's health care benefits.

I like the car, just fix the some details. No one hasany pride in their work anymore...

Old 02-24-2007, 01:02 PM

i love the car but alot of things that needs to be done has alot to do with the operator taking care of his/her ride and being tender with it and not going out there and mudding in it.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:32 PM

if they say the steering shaft is damaged, are they still replacing it?

Old 02-24-2007, 09:12 PM

i think that they would if they know that it is damaged

Old 02-25-2007, 01:35 AM

I take excellent car of my cars. All get TLC and the oil changed every 2,000 miles. My 1917 Model T gets its oil changed twice a year. Made in USA just does not mean much any more... It's sad. The best mechanics do not work at dealerships, only part replacers in IMAO/

Old 02-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][X(][X(][X(]Grandpa `Dave [X(][X(][X(][/align][align=center]It's sad for me to read about all your problems & poor service [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Do you think it is one of the many reasons that GM is losing so much $$ Money $$ ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really love my Monte Carlo, but I think that pride was lacking during[/align][align=center]the manufactoring, & quality suffers : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I hope that yourGM/Dealer can resolve your many issues with your limited edition[/align][align=center]LTZ.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would be pissed to & would insist that the dealer fixes what's broken : ([/align][align=center]to your satisfaction [/align][align=center][:-]Below Pic of [:@]Grandpa @ dealership [:@][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/B877322CF0664962A267CAC8C3A2B145.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Wish U Good Luck Dave,[/align][align=center]I'm going back to Space 4 Service[/align][align=center]I'm outa here[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
Thanks for the sentiments Uncle Space....and now I know my bumper to bumper is 39k and not 36k like the salesman told me.

I am totally puzzled why the "traction control' doesn't save the error codes. Mr. Goodwrench said that I need to bring it in while the service engine light is still on. How stupid is that?

Well, at least my steering and sun roof are now operating smoothly again.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000LS

if they say the steering shaft is damaged, are they still replacing it?
Absolutely!!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:46 PM

I noticed the TCC was default on. I just try and remember to turn it off. It's very disconcerting when you're trying to get going and because the wheels are slipping a bit all of the sudden the engine is jerking around because of the TCC. I don't know why it would automatically turn it on after you have disabled it, I haven't been able to replicate the problem in my vehicle. Keep me posted if you're able to take it in while it's showing the code, I would be interested to know if I should watch out for this in my car.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: FlynhghR

I noticed the TCC was default on. I just try and remember to turn it off. It's very disconcerting when you're trying to get going and because the wheels are slipping a bit all of the sudden the engine is jerking around because of the TCC. I don't know why it would automatically turn it on after you have disabled it, I haven't been able to replicate the problem in my vehicle. Keep me posted if you're able to take it in while it's showing the code, I would be interested to know if I should watch out for this in my car.
Sure will, if it goes off again, I will drive it straight to the mechanic with the service engine light on.

Quick Reply: LTZ going in for warranty repairs