Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Loyal to one car manufacturer???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM

I am a die hard American boy all the way! I will only buy American cars, I will agree with everyone when they said GM does not.have anything new of interest. I would buy a new Impala WE, which I believe ended in 07. Ford is coming out with good cars like crazy. But my next car becides the Monte is gonna be a Magnum SRT8 or a Challenger SRT8. I do believe that if I did go all American, I would have to have an old school BMW seven series. But I grew up around Ford. LOL

Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

I'm also a DIE HARD American that buys only AMERICAN. I'm not a Die hard with any brand of cars. But out of 3 of them I'm sure I can find one that will suit me just fine. I have never owed any thing else. And I've own all 3. I've always had a G.M. car or truck in the garage. Not saying that my wife did. We've had a few Fords and a few Dodge's in our time. I like them all. Before I ever bought an off shore car. I'd buy and older say 70's or 80's car 1st. I have 4 kids and NONE of them have ever owned anything else either. NOW on Motorcycles. There's only ONE . i'LL NEVER SWAY FROM IT !.................NUFF SAID !

Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by jakefluker
I was just wondering how many of us are loyal to one car manufacturer(Ford, Chrysler or GM etc) or do you own different makes? If so why and what are makes?I own my 83 monte of course and also own 98 ford explorer "eddie bauer" always have had love for GM g- body cars as for the Explorer it was one of Fords best suv back in day and i got lucky and found unmolested,low mi,dependable one 6 yrs ago.
Well..I have owned Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Chevy, Cadillac, Pontiac, Olds,and a coupla Mustangs from the 60's.
Best Chevys were my 76, and 80 Corvettes, my 68 Camaro RS/SS, My Chevy/GMC pickups, and my Monte Carlo
Chrysler was my 71 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus,
Ford was my 69 Mach One 351,
But too many to really remember..maybe some day I should make a list.
I have NEVER bought new...OR! foreign, and always at least 2 years old.. and when I am done..I never trade in or sell a car complete..usually junked, or sold for parts...just me I guess.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mike 00LS
I'll drive what appeals to me at the time. The Monte Carlo has been reliable to this point, my Silverado on the other hand - I couldn't wait to get rid of that piece of ****.

Aside from the Monte Carlo I haven't bought a Chevy in years - the old ones were one thing but the new ones are garbage.
I beg to differ!
I have a 2004 Silverado with 111,000 miles on it...That pulls my 5th wheel camper (28ft with super slide) all over the country...Problem free! for the last 6 yrs! I bought it used in 2006! with 54,000 on it....lol

Every vehicle I have ever owned was GM built! Chevrolet, GMC etc....
But mostly all Chevrolet, with the exception of my 2003 custom Sierra...
Even my 1965 GTO...was built by whom????? GM of course lol
1 day I too will have to make a list of all the GM vehicles I have owned and post a list
Cause im sure I will be truly shocked how many I have had in the past that I should have hung on to!
If id only knew then what I know now!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 11-26-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just took this pic a couple of days ago:

Old 11-26-2012, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a GM fan, all the way.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
I'm also a DIE HARD American that buys only AMERICAN. I'm not a Die hard with any brand of cars. But out of 3 of them I'm sure I can find one that will suit me just fine. I have never owed any thing else. And I've own all 3. I've always had a G.M. car or truck in the garage. Not saying that my wife did. We've had a few Fords and a few Dodge's in our time. I like them all. Before I ever bought an off shore car. I'd buy and older say 70's or 80's car 1st. I have 4 kids and NONE of them have ever owned anything else either. NOW on Motorcycles. There's only ONE . i'LL NEVER SWAY FROM IT !.................NUFF SAID !

Well said Rick, well said.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I beg to differ!
I have a 2004 Silverado with 111,000 miles on it...That pulls my 5th wheel camper (28ft with super slide) all over the country...Problem free! for the last 6 yrs! I bought it used in 2006! with 54,000 on it....lol
Bought mine new in May of 2005 - the afternoon I drove it off the lot I was coming home from grocery shopping and the info reader on the dash said 'Engine Shutting Down' stranding me in the middle of a busy intersection, and I couldn't restart it, and it had to be towed back to the dealership.

2 days later I got it back. It didn't even have 40k on it when I traded it in this August. The left side of the truck was always having problems, the shocks needed replaced at about 15k, the brakes were constantly being warped and burning - replaced pads, rotors and calipers every time. The headliner completely fell out, the belt tensioner was loose and chattering, so the truck always squealed. A few times it wore the belt so bad it broke, the tensioner was ruled as the cause and was replaced on 3 occasions.

One of the bolts that held the bed on had a tendency to break and the bed would bounce and chatter going over bumps

The first couple times I went to my local mechanic for the fixes (with the exception of the suspension, it was still under warranty at the time) - after the brakes and belt problems persisted my mechanic had me take it to the dealership to do the repairs, which yielded the same results.

Far as I'm concerned, if you want a real truck, get a Ford. I've owned Rangers for YEARS with no problems, but I wanted to go to a full sized truck and the Chevy was a lot cheaper than an F150.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 PM

I have owned an 85, S10..other than brakes and normal maintenance, and the throttle sticking in the winter.(lotsa laughs)..no prob I traded for a 79 Elky..a 88 Dakota V6, I paid $2000 for with 285, 000 on...drove it till it had 440,000..only prob tires, brakes and pickup in the distributor..compression was so low, finally, I just gave it away for parts..had it 8 years, 95 Cheyenne, 305 still on the road, 250,000 had it for 7 years..brakes, lines and tires...2006 GMC Sierra 4X4..bought at 190,000.a year ago...now 212,000...no probs...there are bad ones in every model..never owned a Ford..PU...just prefer GM and Mopar...personal preference..I guess...

Old 12-01-2012, 09:03 PM

GM fan here. Own a Monte and a Trans Am. But i also don't mind the new fords either. I work at a Ford dealership. They have nice products. But i'll stay far away from Chrysler..

Quick Reply: Loyal to one car manufacturer???