Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

LOW TRAC light when brakes applied

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default LOW TRAC light when brakes applied

My 98 has had the ABS light on for the longest time. I finally broke down & fixed it. The sensor on the rear hub was hanging off. I replaced it & the ABS light stayed on. I took it to get it scanned & came up with the left front throwing the code, but after checking all the sensors ect. everything was within spec. The guy who scanned it suspected a solenoid in the ABS module may be sticking, causing a false code. I intend to replace the module at a later date. Now the ABS light will stay off for a period of time, usually until I hit about 30mph BUT while it is out and when I apply the brakes I will occasionally feel the brake pedal pulse & it feels like the ABS engaging & the LOW TRAC light comes on. Once I've come to a stop the light goes out. When the ABS light comes back on the car doesn't brake like this anymore. I've never feel the car brake like this the entire time I've had it. I'm guessing the ABS never worked until I "fixed" it & now I'm kicking myself in the *** for not leaving well enuff enough alone. Any input would be appreciated. If I pull the fuse for the ABS will it also eliminate the traction control? If I read correctly those 2 are related/ on the same fuse. Thanx all