Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Opinion Needed: Low oil pressure p0520

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 09:06 PM

Also, I had 11 volts at the oil pressure sensor connector

Old 11-28-2021, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It was a long pita journey i did fix a couple weeks ago. I did everything i did above 1st. Then i did the following.
I tested the wiring again, thinking i missed something the 1st time and it read good. I swapped some of the relays under hood cluster. No fix. Tested fuel psi was good. Sumped fuel tank thinking maybe fuel was bad and put 5 gal 93 in it. No fix. Lastly i tested for spark. No spark. Took plugs out. Plugs all crusty n fouled. Changed plugs that had only 60k on them. Worked good. Next morning no spark. Wires were bad came apart when i pulled them off. Changed wires, Worked good. No codes oil psi registered everything all good. Changed all the brake and fuel hard lines took me more than a week of 8 hr shifts. Unforseen bs's. Went to start again. No spark low oil psi again. Tested wiring from icm to coil packs and at some ign relays it all tested good. Put it back together, ran good. Next day battery dead. Re-charged battery at advance who did it for free amd still wouldnt start car, then myself a bunch as they wouldnt warranty the battery. Can say the car works now, drives, everything. Has yet to prove itself fixed in the long run or being reliable again....

Old 11-28-2021, 12:56 PM

Glad its up and running. You think the battery was the main issue? hopefully it is all good from here.

I had an issue with radio staying on after key was off and door was open. The new BCM fixed this problem. I started all my tests over after installing the new BCM. Fuel pump and pressure are good, I have no spark thou, there is power and ground to the crankshaft position sensor so im assuming the crank sensor is the reason it is not getting spark. I dont have a scanner to watch and see if the crank signal is there, so i may put a new crank sensor in and try from there. It has been a little difficult since it sits outside in the grass , worry about mice chewing wires that could throw off my diag, but i will update next weekend

Old 11-28-2021, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member

I was going to shotgun the crank sensor too in the process, but it was more than a simple part change. Think its behind timing case. Prob find the chains worn out and access looked to be a pain. Cant remem if i tested the crank or cam. I tried both. 1 tested with crankover, the other didnt. The 1 that didnt supplied volt command to starter. I verified the volt command to starter. Think the crank sensor also requires a learn procedure using a scan tool although ppl report being able to do it in a roundabout way without the tool. Personally, i have not attempted and thus reliability of that is unknown. Hard to recall i was all over the wiring schematics which were on several different pages.

Old 11-28-2021, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member

Forgot, bcm may need programmed to vin. A lot of those modules do. So if u did it urself n didnt program it or buy it pre-programmed to vin, car may not interface with it. Although, most of the cranking stuff went through the ICM controlled by the PCM. With logic circuits however, everthing intertwines somewhere.