Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Low beam

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Default Low beam

2002 monte ss. So about a month ago my headlight connector melted because i had them ultra bright bulbs in. So i got a new connector fron the junk yard but when i was putting it on i noticed it wasnt excactly the right one but i pushed it on and it worked.. Now that bad connector was making my electrical system go crazy.. (Like my car would die out of no where once a week) So i went to the junk yard again and pulled one from a monte ss headlight that was mint. Now i went to hook it up and that doesnt work either!!!! Im going nuts trying to find out what the deal is. I even checked to make sure there was power to the light and there is. My other headlight works just fine. Do you think that bad connector burnt out something in the wires? Any comments would be nice. thank you

Scott

Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Low beam

Knowing that most everything in your Monte is controled by the BCM (body control module), INCLUDING ALL lighting, my guess is that you dun fried your BCM by running to hot a bulb. I was given a set of high watt bulbs, but I didn't use'em for that reason. I was afraid to burn a wire or connector, and maybe worse than that. Light switch tells the computer to turn on the light.
Wierd things happen when your BCM goes, and it could include your car not starting. Is that Monte in the same as yours? Get the BCM from that, or find another used one. They are a couple of hundred bucks or more new. It is located under the carpet under the drivers seat. Mine went out in my '01 SS LE. WIERD things were happening, specifically with the lights.
Check out this thread:
https://montecarloforum.com/m_76441/tm.htm