Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Lost lower interior fan speeds / Rear Defrrosters and ? re: Coolant Temp sensor.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011 | 10:24 PM
|
Default Lost lower interior fan speeds / Rear Defrrosters and ? re: Coolant Temp sensor.

Folks.

2002 Monte SS..

I've lost the lower 2 speeds of my interior fans, it's completely shut off. i only get the upper 3 fan speeds.

Any ideas? I wouldn't think that the fans have a sperate fuse or anything for that.

Speaking of fuses. is there a fuse on the passenger side for the rear defrosters? those aren't working (haven't for over a year) and i know the one on the driver side panel is fine. where else can i check the rear defrosters at?

and finally.. the Coolant Temp Tensor. I had the car every so often when driving kind of hiccup in the RPMs and sitting in park at idle, the RPMs would vary pretty heavily. This all happened before the check light ever showed up. when it did, i had it scanned and was told it was the temp sensor. i plan on replacing it ASAP, but were those classic symptoms of that particular problem?

Old 01-03-2011 | 01:59 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Sleeping Martyr
Folks.

2002 Monte SS..

I've lost the lower 2 speeds of my interior fans, it's completely shut off. i only get the upper 3 fan speeds.

Any ideas? I wouldn't think that the fans have a sperate fuse or anything for that.

Speaking of fuses. is there a fuse on the passenger side for the rear defrosters? those aren't working (haven't for over a year) and i know the one on the driver side panel is fine. where else can i check the rear defrosters at?

and finally.. the Coolant Temp Tensor. I had the car every so often when driving kind of hiccup in the RPMs and sitting in park at idle, the RPMs would vary pretty heavily. This all happened before the check light ever showed up. when it did, i had it scanned and was told it was the temp sensor. i plan on replacing it ASAP, but were those classic symptoms of that particular problem?
For the interior fans, its your blower motor resistor. Its a pain in the but to change, but worth it. Its under the dash, above the passenger side footwell. It requires some crawling but it isnt too bad.

Not sure on the fuse issue.

The coolant temp sensor shouldn't make your car hiccup or vary at idle. Your MAF sensor could be bad, true unconnecting it when its idling and see if that helps. Trust me if your coolant temp sensor is bad your car will be much worse.
The MAF sensor is that right there on top. My car is having the same issues about.

Old 01-03-2011 | 03:30 PM
|

thanks for the heads up.. next time it's varying at idle, i'll pull it.

The other symptoms it has is that it will, on occasion when i brake to slow down to go around a corner or something, completely die on me. Also the light has gone back off for a while now, but it still gives me all those problems, i wonder if i have it rescanned will it come back up with anything.