Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Lost keys

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 04:23 PM
Default Lost keys

So my wife lost her keys it's a 95 Monte
I'm trying to just wire it so I can eventually just put a switch b/c this is non stop with her losing keys there is a vats system😔 Can anyone help me out here I'm ready to set fire to it ..I have all the main ignition wires down and ready to go iv gotten as far as having everything in the car on and good to go but for some reason when I tap the starter wire ..absolutely nothing happens doesn't even try to turn

Old 01-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Justaguy
So my wife lost her keys it's a 95 Monte
I'm trying to just wire it so I can eventually just put a switch b/c this is non stop with her losing keys there is a vats system😔 Can anyone help me out here I'm ready to set fire to it ..I have all the main ignition wires down and ready to go iv gotten as far as having everything in the car on and good to go but for some reason when I tap the starter wire ..absolutely nothing happens doesn't even try to turn
Just go to your local chevy Dealer and then take them your VIN # and they should be able to get the codes to cut the keys from GM and have them make a new set I have done this before when I locked the keys in the car. Might take a few days but it has worked in the past.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Just go to your local chevy Dealer and then take them your VIN # and they should be able to get the codes to cut the keys from GM and have them make a new set I have done this before when I locked the keys in the car. Might take a few days but it has worked in the past.
not an option igniting is not original