Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Lights dimming in reverse

Old 10-30-2018, 05:27 AM
Default Lights dimming in reverse

I've noticed recently, that whenever I go into reverse to back up, it seems my headlights and my blower motor want to lose power it seems. As if there was a lot of draw on the alternator or perhaps it may be the serpentine belt. I know my valve cover is leaking and I can see a little bit of oil on the underside of the hood where the belt has been throwing it. Maybe it's slipping a little and I just need a new belt? Any ideas or anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-30-2018, 06:04 AM

Sorry I cant help with your problem but I wanted to say be careful with that oil leak from the valve cover. There is a recall on these and have caused fires due to the oil leaking onto the hot exhaust manifold.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.