Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Lady Deuce got her tubes untied

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Awesome news Tad.

Was highly considering doing this myself, actually I still am. I loved the look of the car at the Nationals with them.

How long can I expect to wait for them?

Tadd, do you or does anyone else know how much low end power we will lose with this mod.
As far as how long I waited I ordered them last september and just got em yesterday. Thorley makes two runs a year for the LS4 engine. They don't like to stock the headers becuse of the space required and I guess becuse they are ceramic coated and could get banged up easly so they practice JIT manufacturing.

I guess also they got tired of me calling. I called on an average of twice a month since September

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-15-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:08 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tadd I cant remember if you told me already but did you have your DOD tuned out?

Old 01-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Let us know how the install is. I am curious to hear the cost or labor involved... One hold up for me getting a set. Can'twait to hear them tad

Old 01-15-2014, 09:28 AM
5 Year Member

Tadd I cant remember if you told me already but did you have your DOD tuned out?

Yes DiabLew tuned out the DOD among tweaking other stuff. Once the headers are installed I understand I will need a re-tune already got that lined up with Lew

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-15-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
Let us know how the install is. I am curious to hear the cost or labor involved... One hold up for me getting a set. Can'twait to hear them tad

I am considering Muffler man here in town Shaheen Chevy recommended them. The New Service manager at Shaheens got cold feet about installing them

I have a quote from Muffler Man for $300 bucks to install but they want to see the directions before committing to that.
Headers listed on the Thorley site at $950 they sold them to me for $635 free shipping I ordered them back in September long wait

The instructions are straight foreword no loosening the motor mounts no jacking the motor just removing the rear bank coils and rear valve cover all plugs, wires, Oil & trans dipstick holders and Air intake must be removed

If I had a lift I'd try it myself. Install will take place around 1st week in April

Will take before and after pictures as well as sound recordings for you all

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-15-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:40 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
I am considering Muffler man here in town Shaheen Chevy recommended them. The New Service manager at Shaheens got cold feet about installing them

I have a quote from Muffler Man for $300 bucks to install but they want to see the directions before committing to that.
Headers listed on the Thorley site at $950 they sold them to me for $635 free shipping I ordered them back in September long wait

The instructions are straight foreword no loosening the motor mounts no jacking the motor just removing the rear bank coils and rear valve cover all plugs, wires, Oil & trans dipstick holders and Air intake must be removed

If I had a lift I'd try it myself. Install will take place around 1st week in April

Will take before and after pictures as well as sound recordings for you all

I wonder if they will give me that same price, do I need to do a special request or did they just offer you that price? I did talk to them yesterday over email and they said there is no wait right now and that they are ready to ship.

I was asking about DOD because I was told it may sound a bit off with the headers and DOD enabled. I will look into a tune if I follow the route you are taking.
Thanks a bunch Tadd

Old 01-15-2014, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member

I wonder if they will give me that same price? I did talk to them yesterday over email and they said there is no wait right now and that they are ready to ship

Slugger talk to Mike (a sales person at Thorley) mention me (Tadd La Duke) the dude that called in every month, and remind him of the deal he gave me and ask for the same. Tell him I love them and don't even have them on yet

Old 01-15-2014, 09:44 AM

10 Year Member

LOL thanks Tadd. I discussed the install with my mechanic last Fall. He too was kind of iffy like your guy on whether or not he wanted to do the install.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member

LOL thanks Tadd. I discussed the install with my mechanic last Fall. He too was kind of iffy like your guy on whether or not he wanted to do the install.

Ya, the Idea of getting that rear header in is kind of scary. Muffler man seamed excited to do it. I see him this weekend with the directions and see if he still wants to do it at $300

Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 AM

10 Year Member

Ill talk to Thorley this week on the phone and see if i can get the price.

May wait till your done to see what problems your guy runs into if any. Hopefully not.

Are you going to do a dyno before and after to see how much power increase you get? If not, how much do you think or have been told it will be.

Me personally I just want the car to breathe as best as possible.

Quick Reply: Lady Deuce got her tubes untied