Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

keys stuck in the ignition

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

missmonte0117 this is a very old thread and I dont think anyone who posted in it is even around anymore. If your having a problem maybe you should start a new thread and ask your question. Also welcome to the site.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:57 PM

This is interesting because I am having the same issue with my 2006 Monte. Car is in park, I'm ready to remove the key, but I can't bring the key towards me to remove it. Took it to my mechanic and he discovered that the solenoid isn't communicating with the shifter that I am in park. So he left my steering column naked so I am able to push in the little button on the solenoid in order to get my key out. He's going to scan my car's computer module on Monday, but I am told that I can just remove the solenoid and be okay to drive it. I'd appreciate any input. I really can't go into an expensive repair. So that's why i am thinking the solenoid removal is the way to go.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 PM

Nss.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by l67ss
Nss.
I'm sorry, but nss?

Old 03-22-2019, 02:54 AM
Default Kinda same issue

Originally Posted by PhillyZepHeather
This is interesting because I am having the same issue with my 2006 Monte. Car is in park, I'm ready to remove the key, but I can't bring the key towards me to remove it. Took it to my mechanic and he discovered that the solenoid isn't communicating with the shifter that I am in park. So he left my steering column naked so I am able to push in the little button on the solenoid in order to get my key out. He's going to scan my car's computer module on Monday, but I am told that I can just remove the solenoid and be okay to drive it. I'd appreciate any input. I really can't go into an expensive repair. So that's why i am thinking the solenoid removal is the way to go.
Pretty sure u got the problem fixed but haven't 06 Monte Carlo LT 3.9 engine sort of kind of the same issue was having to push the little button but I couldn't get my car to shift out of park without hitting the button and the only issue was there's a little wiring thing close to the button that had a wire out and all I had to do was just shove the wire back into the little prong thing I did take it to a Chevy dealership and they couldn't find on the computer where or what I was talking about and pretty much wanted to just replace the whole shifter thing... when it was actually an easy fix