Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Just a little help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Default Just a little help

When i took my car apart i had everything labeled but after a year hiatus most of the labels came off. I replaced the intake with a edelbrok 3704 intake with the egr fitting. I also bought a edl 1400 600 cfm edelbrock carb with elec choke and egr connection. My problem is related to the connecting of the tubes and the electrical plugs that wont be used anymore. I am also looking for any info on sites or books i can purchase with detailed pics of the stock engine bay of the monte including the hoses running and emission equipment connections. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as i have gone 2 yrs without my car now and am in desperate need of some help. I have done a lot of work to this car including a complete suspension drop with 2 1/2 drops spindles in front with drop nitro shocks and a 1 1/2 inch drop in the back with 1 1/2 drop coils and drop shocks, all by belltech. Also have heddman racing full length headers with and x pipe running to two 40 series delta mufflers. It should sound decent and am wondering if a o2 sensor would be wise to weld in. The motor is stock insides except for being honed and machined block with an acid dip, heads totally rebuilt with new valves and spring, the cam is an edelbrock cam 2102. It should be a nice little runner once im done. Any closely detailed pictures of stock engine bays would be appreciated in my little matter of getting my project done. Also right above the oil filter there is a hole that is threaded and i can not remember if a sensor went in it or if it was just plugged up and the shop people forgot to plug it back up. Again any help would be very appreciated as im only a young buck trying to get his sweet ss out. As soon as i get the connection for my phone i will post photos of her and the engine bay as i am quite proud of saying that everything done to it i have dont myself except for the maching and cleaning of the block and building of the heads. SHe will be quite fun when im done and hope to have a lot of faithful years outta her so i can get the 350 built like it should be. Blower and nitrous is planned for tha little adventure with a t-5 trans.

Old 03-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Default RE: Just a little help

Sounds like one heck of a project...

Check out Boost site, he has tons of technical info.

Mcssupersite

Welcome to the forum..!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 11:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Cobramen
It should sound decent and am wondering if a o2 sensor would be wise to weld in.
If its mostly stock, i would weld the 02 sensor back in. Usually people ask me the same question and i say yes. If u dont put it in, it will throw a code. you can also get a fake 02 and replace it. That works also.

ORIGINAL: Cobramen
right above the oil filter there is a hole that is threaded and i can not remember if a sensor went in it or if it was just plugged up and the shop people forgot to plug it back up.
That hole is for the Oil Pressure Sending unit. thats where they are on the old 305's. U will prolly will not be able to put the unit because most headers wont allow the room. It looks like a big bell and thats where it goes. Most people that i talk to who have the same problem just get an aftermarket mechanical guage for the car.

Old 03-09-2005, 03:56 PM

I thank you all for the help welcome and help. I was planning on going with a mechanical and get rid of the oil pressure sensor also the o2 simulator in summit is how i was going to go about the o2 sensor. Does anyone have luck with those at all. Also appreciate the site about the tech, im gonna go check it out now. Also does anyone know of a site where i can get some misc. parts, i need the radiator upper support mount. Apparently it got lost during the move along with some misc. bolts. But i can replace the bolts and the mount im thinking of making out of aluminum plating that ill buy. Again thx everyone for support and help.

Old 03-09-2005, 06:38 PM

Boost may be able to pin point exactly where to go for that stuff, but here is a link to his parts link page that has tons of great info...

Part Link

(Boost, hope ya don't mind me linking to your site)

TVW

Old 03-09-2005, 09:29 PM

it dont bother me. Thats why its there...