Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

it's a shame

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 03:30 AM
Default it's a shame

got this 83 monte lux coupe that ran for like a month,and then the problems started with the right side power windo working slow; then completely out of comission ironically the left side window went out simutaiously!!!
Then...the right headlight and thennnnnnnnnnnnnnn the batery??? So i figured it needed a new battery, and guess what?
Now the car wont start "hahah!"
Am i suppose to charge a new battery? i get different info from different people. Some say u shouldnt have to charge a new battery and some say "yes!" for like an hour.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thinkin its electrical, but hey! i'm no mechanic.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Default RE: it's a shame

Hello Standbyvee,

Firstly, welcome to the forum!!!

As I am sure your aware, anytime you buy something used and old it is just that. Mechanical things break and that’s just life.

Electrical problems are very difficult to trouble shoot but it sounds as you mentioned you might have a short issue. I would start by looking over your ground and positive wires leading to and from the battery, if they look damaged or corroded change them out. I had a problem similar to yours where it was simply the ground wire not making a good contact. If all else fails find a local shop for a look.

TVW