Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Home link

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Default Home link

The left button on my homelink panel is loose and I've had to switch to the right one. I removed the "star" screw holding it in the roof but there must be a trick to pulling the panel down................anybody? I hate "loose" things.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Default RE: Home link

[align=center]Hi `Len,[/align][align=center]If none of ourmembers has a solution fix for your problem. [/align][align=center]I`ve found it pays to call/visit your local GM/Chevy dealers[/align][align=center]parts department or body shop and ask a tech.[/align][align=center]I`ve found many that will freely give their advice and share[/align][align=center]their knowledge. "Nothing Ventured, nothing gained" [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You may also consider checking with a company that makes/[/align][align=center]produces the Home link for auto's[/align][align=center]If so, click on the below link, and there is a area that[/align][align=center]you can submit your questions .[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.opendoorsandmore.com/[/align][align=center]Good Luck from `Space[/align]

Old 02-06-2009, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: KidSpace

[align=center]Hi `Len,[/align][align=center]If none of ourmembers has a solution fix for your problem. [/align][align=center]I`ve found it pays to call/visit your local GM/Chevy dealers[/align][align=center]parts department or body shop and ask a tech.[/align][align=center]I`ve found many that will freely give their advice and share[/align][align=center]their knowledge. "Nothing Ventured, nothing gained" [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You may also consider checking with a company that makes/[/align][align=center]produces the Home link for auto's[/align][align=center]If so, click on the below link, and there is a area that[/align][align=center]you can submit your questions .[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.opendoorsandmore.com/[/align][align=center]Good Luck from `Space[/align]
Thanks space. I made fairly good friends with the body shop manager that had my Vette. I'll get by there and check it out. I reprogrammed the middle button for my garage but that loose one still bothers me. [sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-06-2009, 08:43 PM

well there are prolly jsut clips holding it up but i have never taken one off so this is just a guess

Old 02-07-2009, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: kweef

well there are prolly jsut clips holding it up but i have never taken one off so this is just a guess
Thats what I was hoping for but even after I removed the one screw, the plastic piece wouldn't budge and the only thing I hate more then a "loose" piece is a broken one.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:29 AM

Thanks space. I made fairly good friends with the body shop manager that had my Vette. I'll get by there and check it out. I reprogrammed the middle button for my garage but that loose one still bothers me. [sm=thanx.gif]

Hi `Len,
Your Welcome, I hope you find the solution to your problem, and `if you do ? Please post/share your results with members
I know that I also want everything on my ride to be perfect, and
in working order. Small problems will really bother me until I get them fixed. I hope this small problem is your only one
Good Luck & Happy/Safe miles in your Monte.
`Space

Old 02-07-2009, 08:37 AM

Thanks Space,
The car has been flawless since I bought it 3 months ago. Matter of fact it was so nice here yesterday she got detailed after I got off work. I still miss my Corvette but this has been a fun and more practical replacement..... I will post the results on the homelink repair.