Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Here's one for ya

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 AM

why $50 a key? i can go to wal-mart and have a copy for 2 bucks! also, if you have on star, they can unlock it for you.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by jim fischer
why $50 a key? i can go to wal-mart and have a copy for 2 bucks! also, if you have on star, they can unlock it for you.
New keys have a chip in them and some cars aren't equipped with OnStar and some people that own cars with OnStar don't wanna pay out the but for it.

Sucks dude. I locked the keys in my 95 Z34 when I stopped to help someone that ran off the road in the rain. Luckily the door didn't close all the way and someone else that stopped had a slim-jim (no not the meat snack, no snapping into a slim-jim going on)... didn't wanna ask why just glad they had it, we opened the door best we could and pressed the window down button with the slim-jim. Thank goodness!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:47 AM

yeah i locked my keys in the car a couple months ago during deer hunting. i was walking back to my car from the treestand and started it w/ the remote as i was approaching and put the keys back in my pocket. i popped the trunk, unloaded my gun, took off my coat, threw everything in the trunk and closed it...MY KEYS WERE IN MY COAT, SH*T!!! luckily i had my cell phone in my bibs pocket (cuz i was in the middle of nowhere) so i called my buddy who has jimmy set and he got it open in no time. i was lucky this time around...

what would recommend is getting a key cut at your local hardware store for a few bucks as an extra. yes, the transponder keys cost a lot, but you dont need them to unlock you car. you just need the cheapo key to unlock. this is what i did now i keep an "unlocking key" at my apt, gf's apt, parents house, etc.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

been there... for how bad it sounds thank you 1985, bad weather stripping and the coat hanger that i stuck undet the front bumper

Old 01-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Hi Garrett,
Bummer 4-Sure...Great advise from member's.
I'm sure everyone has locked their keys in their car
or home...It's a human thing : )
Excuse: I was drunk ? I was stoned ? I was still asleep >>>LOL

Did U and friends get that large party house U were
look'in at last year ?
That place was AweSome.
Wish U better luck, and a extra `key.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 PM

I had a chip key on my Mazda RX 8 and accidentally locked myself out on a couple of occasions. Luckily, I had a copy cut that would unlock the doors, but not start the car, in a magnetic keybox, hidden away under the car.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Did U and friends get that large party house U were
look'in at last year ?
That place was AweSome.
Wish U better luck, and a extra `key.
We did actually, they just finished putting in a second kitchen downstairs too so we are all pretty much in love with this house.

Originally Posted by drewskie043
what would recommend is getting a key cut at your local hardware store for a few bucks as an extra. yes, the transponder keys cost a lot, but you dont need them to unlock you car. you just need the cheapo key to unlock. this is what i did now i keep an "unlocking key" at my apt, gf's apt, parents house, etc.
I didn't know about that, I'll probably look into that as all I need is something to unlock the doors with.

Originally Posted by JAFO
New keys have a chip in them and some cars aren't equipped with OnStar and some people that own cars with OnStar don't wanna pay out the but for it.
X2