Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:31 AM
1 Year Member
Default Help please

Please help I am having problems with my low beam headlights only. I bought this car about 3 weeks ago and last week I started having this issue once in a blue moon they do work but if you go to the store and get back in the car they no longer work no more I'll replace the light switch that is on the left side of the dash with a junkyard part but still doing the same thing all the fuses and relays are good and I put brand new bulbs in at twice about two times you could hit the light switch that's on the dash on the left side real hard a few times and they would work but that does not seem to work no longer this issue is driving me crazy it sucks to have a nice car like this but can only drive it in the daytime I went to a mechanic and he put a tester at the headlight low beam harness and he said both wires was hot he said one supposed to be for the ground and one supposed to be the hot wire but I'm getting both hot and no ground

Old 07-12-2017, 12:05 PM

I would check the grounding to the lights. The easiest thing to do to fix it may be to splice off the back of the original headlamp ground wires, crimp some terminal connectors on and screw them to any pre-existing grounding screws, unless you don't mind drilling a hole or two, or counter sinking some screws.