Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!

I would like to hear what you find out. I am not sold on it being this pressure control thing or a heat sensor. I have my feelings that maybe it is a vacuum hose that has a weak spot in it. So when it heats up it collapses. Then when the vacuum releases the hose frees up (turning off the car). I am going to the tranny shop tomorrow when it is acting up to see what they think. I called a local dealership here. 1-319-372-6880. I spoke the shop manager, sorry I didn't get his name. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:16 PM

I would like to hear what you find out. I am not sold on it being this pressure control thing or a heat sensor. I have my feelings that maybe it is a vacuum hose that has a weak spot in it. So when it heats up it collapses. Then when the vacuum releases the hose frees up (turning off the car). I am going to the tranny shop tomorrow when it is acting up to see what they think. I called a local dealership here. 1-319-372-6880. I spoke the shop manager, sorry I didn't get his name. I will keep you posted on what I find out. I have never had any codes show up after this occurs. I found out that Autozone will read the codes in your car for free. Nice compared to 45 bucks a shot at the local shop.

Old 01-28-2006, 04:36 AM

Thanks man. Im going too give him a call tomorrow just too see what he thinks.

In my previous post, i said that i was going to ride around after i changed the temp sensor by the thermostat and see what happens. Well after driving around between 9:30pm(central time) til 1:00am (central time), the HARD SHIFTING came back. In fact it just started about 20 mins til 1. This is the same thing it did the other nite while driving around for the same length of time. This is just my opinion, but i dont think the tranny fluid is cooling properly. I seriously think it has to do with the fans not cooling properly.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:57 PM

Well, guys I took my car to the dealer and the diagnosed it to be the valve body. All together it is going to cost me $950. They checked everything so they told me. They said that the noise that I heard was coming from excess pressure in the valve body which would cause it to shift hard. I will let it know. I guess on the other hand since this is costly, it comes with a warranty and a guarantee. So if it doesn't fix it, its on their tab to find it and correct it. I will post what I find.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:32 AM

seems to have fixed it.